Get Connected > Real Estate & Home Improvement

New building on 75th Street

(1/1)

toddg:
There's a large construction site at 40-40 75th Street, just south of the subway station.  According to the Department of Buildings, the new building will be 8 stories tall, and have 58 apartments.  It will also include underground parking for 31 cars, and a store and a "school" (most likely a daycare facility, given its small size?) on the first floor.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any renderings.

Avela:
So let's do the calculations...58 apartments...let's say everyone has at least one car...there are only 31 parking spots...where are those other 27 cars supposed to park?

buddy:
Avela, here's some different math for u:

58 apartments, the majority of which the occupants will not have cars (I'll guesstimate at 60% without).  So (I'm bad at math, u may have to help me :-X) that would mean approx. 26 residents with cars.  Which will leave 5 spots available for others in the vicinity!  cool.

toddg:
That's a good guestimate, Buddy.  According to the 2000 Census, about 61% of households in the 11372 area code did not own a vehicle.   This includes houses far away from transit with their own driveways... the figure is probably a lot higher for apartments right next to the subway.

buddy:

--- Quote from: toddg on March 17, 2008, 02:52:59 PM ---That's a good guestimate, Buddy.  According to the 2000 Census, about 61% of households in the 11372 area code did not own a vehicle.   This includes houses far away from transit with their own driveways... the figure is probably a lot higher for apartments right next to the subway.

--- End quote ---

that's what I'm talking about!!!!  Nothing to panic over.  No more cars than normal cluttering the streets.  It's all good.  At least in "roseworld".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version