Get Connected > Restaurants & Food

Best lunch deals in Jackson Heights?

<< < (2/2)

NYer1008:
Sompong Thai on 83rd St.: lunch special is $8.95, includes a spring roll + soup, salad or soda. There's a choice of about a dozen entrees. Before the pandemic, they'd give 10% off if you paid cash; don't know if that's still a policy.

Maharaja on 37th Ave. bw 73rd & 74th has an $8.99 "thali," which is the meal served in a metal tray with multiple sections, filled with, say, a curry, vegetable, dal, rice, chutney, etc. I think it includes bread and a dessert too.

Jeffsayyes:

--- Quote from: NYer1008 on October 12, 2021, 05:07:08 PM ---Sompong Thai on 83rd St.: lunch special is $8.95, includes a spring roll + soup, salad or soda. There's a choice of about a dozen entrees. Before the pandemic, they'd give 10% off if you paid cash; don't know if that's still a policy.

Maharaja on 37th Ave. bw 73rd & 74th has an $8.99 "thali," which is the meal served in a metal tray with multiple sections, filled with, say, a curry, vegetable, dal, rice, chutney, etc. I think it includes bread and a dessert too.

--- End quote ---

I LOVE the mahjaraja thali. Yes, it comes with roti or naan and galub jamun or another sweet. great deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version