Get Connected > Real Estate & Home Improvement

Jackson Heights in the Curbed Cup

(1/4) > >>

Tigoillo:
Hey everyone, curbed.com (a great news/rumor source for NYC real estate) is having a best NYC neighborhood contest called the "Curbed Cup" and Jackson Heights is in the running!

Go to http://www.curbed.com and scroll down to vote for our nabe. Right now JH needs the votes (JH 43.7% vs. FiDi 56.3%) so pass it along to your friends!

In the previous round, JH beat Bushwick(Brooklyn) so FiDi may be a bigger challenge but we have more personality so there's a good chance we could make it!

Tigoillo:
 :(
Oops, I think the poll may be over. It seemed like the voting was still on. Oh well, still good to be recognized by Curbed IMHO.

JD:
The comments on Curbed are very degrading towards Jackson Heights and immigrants in general. The zip code envy in this city is sad, bordering on deranged.

Tigoillo:
I agree. It is shocking to see such blatant hatred and ignorance esp. from other New Yorkers. There were several comments though that were very supportive about JH and I think showed the ridiculousness of the negative comments.

Shelby2:
If this was your first time reading comments on Curbed posts, I can see why you'd be surprised and disappointed.  But the truth is that the comments always tend to be this way - no matter what the topic.  For some reason, it's just the nature of the beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version