Author Topic: a/c too small for my window.. help?  (Read 3851 times)

Offline rdc

• Resident
a/c too small for my window.. help?
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »
I have an a/c unit that can go into a window up to 36" wide and a 41" window.  Is there anywhere in the area that can sell me some foam or wood or something cut into a shape such that the entire window is blocked off?  Or am I just better off picking up a bigger a/c?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:18:45 AM by rdc »

Offline bellabella

• Mayor
Re: a/c too small for my window.. help?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:04 AM »
Plexiglass might be a good solution.  A glass store would have this and cut to size. There was one on northern and 85 but they moved down northern toward flushing.

Offline rdc

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
Thanks - I'll roll through this weekend.  Hopefully tomorrow's thunderstorm doesn't completely destroy my current cardboard + tape solution.

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »
@ RDC
You need a Window Air Conditioner Vinyl Panel Replacement Kit.  Got to Home depot or a PC Richards.  Should be less than $20.
Time is running out!

Offline rdc

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »
I got one of those but the inserts were still too short and didn't really fit the plastic sleeves very well.

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:25:40 PM »
Measure the gap and let the salesperson know that you need XYZ.  If they don't have it and they cannot order it then take a picture with exact measurements of the gaps and send them to me.  On another note...does the AC unit rated for your room? (BTU)  If it is not, then your unit will waste a lot of electricity trying to cool that room.

Anyway...keep me posted

Time is running out!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:25:40 PM »