Author Topic: Mobile vaccinations at Travers Park  (Read 381 times)

Offline JHResident

• Council Member
Mobile vaccinations at Travers Park
« on: June 04, 2021, 10:25:06 AM »
I don't have any details, but I just saw the vaccine buses setting up on 34th Ave.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
Re: Mobile vaccinations at Travers Park
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 01:48:14 PM »
 Free food and ice cream and an army of Health and Hospital workers ready to give the Pfizer vaccines (maybe others). Not so many takers, it looks like, but apparently it is scheduled to be a photo-op for DiBlasio. Wish they would use all of this ability and supply to go more where it's needed rather that over saturating areas who already have higher vax rates. Roosevelt or Northern would've been more populated I believe.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 02:05:43 PM »
there's definitely more foot traffic on Roosevelt, but carving out space for tables, registration and waiting (both before and the 15 minute post-shot time) might be tough.

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »
on one hand, this is great . it will result in a slightly wider-take up of vaccines, and I'm all about meeting people where they are

byt on the other hand, in other countries thousands are dying daily whose friends and neighbors would walk a thousand miles for these vaccines to save them and their family and their communities.

the fact we have to essentially bribe people to save themselves, their immunocompromised neighbors and their communities is ultra-depressing.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »