Author Topic: Alfonso Quiroz for City Council District 25  (Read 3002 times)

Offline earbears

• Mayor
Alfonso Quiroz for City Council District 25
« on: February 21, 2021, 04:52:42 PM »

“Social workers serve as advocates, mentors, therapists, analysts, community liaisons, activists, and visionaries. Social workers work in schools, mental health clinics, hospitals, prisons, retirement communities, corporations, and in government.”

https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2021/2/16/22278839/nyc-school-social-worker

Offline earbears

• Mayor
Re: Alfonso Quiroz for City Council District 25
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 12:51:25 PM »

Good. We must do everything in our power to combat any form of hate, bias, and discrimination. This is about doing the right thing, to build a better and strong - and safer - society.
Cops bust suspect in attack on actress Olivia Munn’s friend in Queens.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-olivia-munn-suspect-arrested-queens-20210218-6mdxeqyzcrem7as677iuuatjeu-story.html

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 04:33:42 PM »
PODCAST: We Talk To Alfonso Quiroz, Candidate For the 25th Council District

A long-time Jackson Heights resident with a background in politics and public relations is running to be the next city council member for the 25th District.

Alfonso Quiroz, who lives on 34th Avenue with his husband Jeff Simmons, enters the race with a long history of civic leadership.

He is one of eight candidates vying for the seat that covers Elmhurst and Jackson Heights. The primary is scheduled to take place on June 22.

Danny Dromm, the current office holder, is ineligible to seek re-election due to term limits.

We talk to Quiroz in a podcast about his campaign and his platform.

Quiroz discusses his goal of improving the small business environment and the local healthcare system in the wake of the pandemic. He also says that he brings a unique voice to these issues as a gay Latino.

He also says that he is an advocate for the 34th Avenue open street program and would like to see a small dog run built at Travers Park if elected.

Quiroz has been active in the community in the 20 years he has lived in the district.

He was the president of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Queens, was a Democratic District Leader and a former Community Board 3 member. He is currently a member of the Jackson Heights Beautification Group.

Quiroz was also the deputy chief of staff to former Councilmember Helen Sears, who represented the district prior to Dromm. He worked in public relations for Con Edison until two months ago.

You can listen to the podcast:https://jacksonheightspost.com/podcast-we-talk-to-alfonso-quiroz-candidate-for-the-25th-council-district

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 12:28:34 PM »
Dear Friends,
Earlier this week our campaign reached an important campaign milestone. We collected enough signatures to qualify us for the ballot. Therefore our campaign is rolling back the public collection of petitions. We are doing this in the name of public safety, to prevent community spread of COVID. Because the health of our neighbors is the most important part of this campaign.
Thank you,
Alfonso

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 08:26:06 PM »
Alfonso Quiroz For City Council:

People who have endured the pain of losing their homes in the #JacksonHeights fire should not be retraumatized by having to give up their animals, some who were rescued from the ruins just days ago. The lack of pet-friendly emergency housing options offered by @NYCHousing is doing harm to these families. HPD needs to step up and keep people and their animals together or we will legislate it. Please step in Mayor Bill de Blasio!

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »

The Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC has endorsed Alfonso Quiroz.

Stonewall is the oldest LGBTQ Democratic Club in the country and has led the fight for LGBTQ equality for decades. Alfonso was a Board Member of the club which has been a driving force behind GENDA, marriage equality in NY, and eliminating walking while trans ban.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 04:47:42 PM »
Alfonso Quiroz:

It is a great honor to have the endorsement of Governor Paterson, who served our State with integrity and dignity. Over his decades-long career, Governor Paterson was a fierce advocate for the people and I hope to continue his legacy in the City Council for my neighbors and community.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 09:42:58 PM »

United Probation Officers@UPOA3;

Today we announce our first endorsements for NYC Council this season - Leroy Gadsden in District 27 in Cambria Heights/Hollis and @AlfonsoQuiroz in District 25 in Jackson Heights/Elmhurst #Queens #Probation

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 04:21:27 PM »
Alfonso Quiroz For City Council

Proud to be invited to today's campaign launch by Queens Together, Queens EDC, NYC Hospitality Alliance at the Queesboro Restaurant urging restaurants to apply for Restaurant Revitalization Funds.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 04:09:14 PM »

#TeamAlfonso picked up trash along 34th Avenue near the Bowling Alley in Jackson Heights.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 02:51:37 PM »
Alfonso Quiroz for City Council District 25:

I am wishing my neighbors, husband, and all Jewish New Yorkers Chag Sameach this Shavuot.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 07:57:33 AM »
What does he like so much about Jackson Diner?

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2021, 12:43:19 PM »

I am humbled to have the support of Assembly Member Daniel O'Donnell, whose Marriage Equality Act gave me and Jeff Simmons the right to marry. The support of someone as respected and effective as Danny shows that I have forged relationships that will enable me to get things done for my constituents starting on day one.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »

LGBTQ representation matters. I am proud today to announce the support of more than 100 LGBTQ business owners, artists, advocates, political club leaders, and longtime New Yorkers for my campaign to become the next openly gay, Latino member of the NYC Council representing Jackson Heights and Elmhurst.
Visit my website at https://www.alfonsonyc.com/in-the-news to learn more!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »