Author Topic: Rainbow Berry Frozen Yogurt  (Read 5973 times)

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
Rainbow Berry Frozen Yogurt
« on: July 18, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »
Rainbow Berry Frozen Yogurt... it's what's opening at the former Italian Farms location at the corner of 80th Street and 37th Avenue.  I just saw the sign advertising a soon to be grand opening.
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: Rainbow Berry Frozen Yogurt
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:05:25 PM »
Is it a chain?

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »
Is it a chain?

I wasn't able to find any information about it online, so I'm unsure if it's a chain.  Hoping it fares better than the defunct Yogurberry.

The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »
I'm sure it's the same exact thing

Offline madalyn

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »
Don't people do any market research? 

Italian Farms closed because, as Jimmy Mc Millan says, the rent is too damn high.  I don't know how a frozen yogurt place will do enough business to make it if Italian Farms could not.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
I do think a yogurt place has better markups and has a broad reach. but they still suck, and I'm sticking with that!

Offline eddiestjohns

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 09:09:33 PM »

Italian Farms closed because, as Jimmy Mc Millan says, the rent is too damn high.  I don't know how a frozen yogurt place will do enough business to make it if Italian Farms could not.

I was thinking the same thing.  A frozen yogurt business has to have an incredibly uneven cash flow.  How much business can they do from November - March compared to the rest of the year?

Offline zubloop

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 09:38:46 PM »
For the record, Italian farms didn't close, it moved into a much bigger space on 37th, close to 82nd Street. Perhaps rent is cheaper in the new space, I don't know, but the rent for the old space did not drive them out of business.

Offline madalyn

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »
I was told that the rent was raised considerably with the new lease and the owner of Italian Farms found cheaper rent and more space at their current location.

Offline dmeschter

• Tourist
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:26:41 PM »
Yes, I had also heard that the Italian Farms rent had gone up to a unrealistic rate and they were very pleased to find that their new location near 82nd street was larger and cheaper.  I suppose that fact that the old store was on a corner property has something to do with the rate.  I wish Rainbow Berry the best of luck...

How long did that other frozen yoghurt chain store last just down the block, less than two year?

Offline JIF

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 10:12:05 AM »
I'm not convinced that opening up at the tail-end of summer, as opposed to the beginning of the season, is a wise business decision for a frozen yogurt store.

Offline francis

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:17:42 PM »
What's up with the signage? Is that landmark approved? It doesn't fit With he rest of the block. I wish new businesses were more Jackson heights centric and followed the rules.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »
i wish the 'rules' weren't so soul-sucking.

i despise neon flashers and such, and am happy to have those squashed, but the block-long stepford wives awning that went up on 37th between 75/76th in the last few weeks makes me feel like i live in some suburb outside the thriving metropolis of wallingford, connecticut.

this is new york first, cucumber sandwich land second.

Offline I live here too

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
Exactly how do you think the Jackson Heights HISTORIC DISTRICT should look?

Offline francis

• Mayor
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »
It should just be historically correct and what was original to the building. No biggie. The Signage looks awful and incongruent to the rest of the block.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »