Author Topic: Community Art & StoryTime Workshop wants to send you to the 3 Bears Holiday Bash  (Read 283 times)

Offline bookclubproject

• Tourist
Mamas & Papas,

Community Art Workshops wants to send you, a 2nd adult, and 2 little ones under 12 years old, to see The Three Bears Holiday Bash at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre at Central Park on Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 11am!

How to Enter: Register and Attend the December/Winter-series Community Art Workshops on Dec. 1, 8, and 15 at the Garden School 33-16 79th Street Jackson Heights, NY to enter your name into the pot! The winner, will be drawn from the pot at Community Art & Story-Time Workshop's Final Holiday Get Together & Workshop on Dec. 22nd.

Community Art & Story-Time Workshops this month will be host to a mixed-age group of children (ages 1-6). Each Saturday session will meet from: 10:00am-11:00am. Parent-Child Workshops are $10 per child! Non-members/walk ins are $12 (so become a member!) Please email Prof. Bernard to sign up! communityworkshopsnyc@gmail.com

See you all there.

PS: At the special request of a Community Workshop Member Mama (Thanks Jesoram!) – we'll be doing a sweet bilingual (Spanish-Language new words) story & art project tomorrow!

With Hugs,

Regina.

Regina A. Bernard-Carreno, PhD

A little info about the show:

The Three Bears Holiday Bash, is a variety show that celebrates the holiday season in song, dance, and puppetry. This production quickly becomes a comedy of errors when Baby Bear invites Santa to star in Mama and Papa Bear's annual holiday show. The audience also gets to join in on the fun with a "12 days of Christmas" sing-a-long during the performance!

Drawing from the stories of Hanukkah, the Night Before Christmas, and Kwanzaa, The Three Bears Holiday Bash is a great way to get into the holiday spirit!

__._,_.___

Offline bookclubproject

• Tourist
Community Art & Storytime Fundraiser 12/29
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »
Good People of JH,

I love all the beautiful holiday gestures I've been reading. In these really peculiar, stressful, nerve-wracking, and sad times, it is a community like this that brings some light to the awful dark among us.

On Saturday 12.29.12, Community Art & Storytime will be hosting an arts & science workshop to raise funds for the Lululeo fund, in memory of Lucia and Leo Krim.

I am inviting children and their parents/caregivers to come along and join me in what I call: "Recycle-a-Robot!"

Lucia and Leo loved art and science programs that they used to attend in the City, so Recycle-a-Robot, welds the two together in hopes of celebrating them, and the innocence and sweetness of childhood. You can read more about the fund here http://lululeofund.org/

Saturday December 29, 2012
10am-12pm
Workshop Ages 1-12
Fee: $10 as always
Garden School 33-16 79th street

Please contact Prof. Bernard at profbernard.nyc@gmail.com or communityworkshopsnyc@gmail.com to sign up. I urge and encourage everyone who is planning to attend, to email me to reserve a spot, so I can be sure there are adequate supplies!

To make the workshop even more fun, please consider bringing any of the following, for the robot stations:

Nuts & Bolts - other robot-y hardware parts (not too small, as small children will be participating as well)
Empty/Washed Juice Boxes
Cardboard boxes (big or small)
Foil Wrap
Empty Plastic Bottles
Bottle Caps
Buttons
A roll of paper towels
Paper towel rolls (w/o the paper)
etc.,

Please contact me if you have any questions, would like to donate funds or supplies but can't attend, or if you have any questions!

Hope to see many of you on the 29th!

-Best wishes,
Dr. Bernard