Author Topic: Best burger & fries in Queens  (Read 30705 times)

Offline eddiestjohns

• Council Member
Re: Best burger & fries in Queens
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 08:49:08 PM »
hmmm haven't I been anti social for the past 20 years?   I'll see if they're open for lunch.  They're fairly new.

Next time we go to Five Guys, we have to take NYCMac and Chuckster. At least if there's a few of us the french fries won't go to waste.  They're huge servings.

Bring back some leftovers to the Heights.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »
Bring back some leftovers to the Heights.

If I'm going, there won't be any leftovers.  Sorry Eddie!
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline eddiestjohns

• Council Member
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »
If I'm going, there won't be any leftovers.  Sorry Eddie!

Ouch!!  I work in Queens (guess where) I may just have to sneak up there on my lunch hour.  I'll try so save some food for your trip!!

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 09:17:47 PM »
okay I'm a great guesser..... eddie ... St. John's.... oh crap.  That's a bit of a drive to grab a burger in College Point though.  If you go get the single.  Their regular burger is two patties.  The single is GREAT.    Unless you're a size queen like my friend penguin.   I think he gets the regular.  But I'm sure he'll tell us later.  Penguin, the wife and 2 kids get the regular order of fries, that's how big the order is. 

Damn it, now I want a burger and fries. And look at the time.  I suppose I could go, eat and be back in time to win TLW at 11:59:59.
First, do no harm.

Offline NYCMacUser

• Council Member
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »
Next time we go to Five Guys, we have to take NYCMac and Chuckster. At least if there's a few of us the french fries won't go to waste.  They're huge servings.
I wanna go badly. I love me some good, rare, ground, dead cow meat with French fries and all the fixin's. Chuckster, you and I will share one order of fries. I don't care how big they are, we'll finish the whole thing! Hell, we are all gonna drop dead from something, it may as well be from something we enjoy!

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
Actually, one of the quirky things about Five Guys is that they don't serve it rare.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
Actually, one of the quirky things about Five Guys is that they don't serve it rare.

And quirky is the perfect word because they will only cook them well.  I don't get it and I don't care because they're so damn juicy.  Something I don't usually think of when I think "well done" red meat.  Okay we'll have an outing.

CRAP!
First, do no harm.

Offline Ernie

• Activist
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 02:16:26 AM »
Just had to share, I saw this at "The Girl Who Ate Everything's"
blog:
http://www.roboppy.net/food/2008/03/the_spotted_pig_burger_vs_cubano.html

It looks amazing.

It's from The Spotted Pig in Manhattan.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »
THAT SANDWICH LOOKS AMAZING!  Wow.

Ernie,  r u just sooo hungry looking at that photo that you don't even care about burgers?  sigh.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:52:07 AM by buddy »
First, do no harm.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »
After looking at that photo that Ernie posted, I'm thinking Spotted Pig.  Forget about that burger place.

Offline NYCMacUser

• Council Member
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 04:28:44 PM »
That is a cardinal sin. How can they make it juicy without adding additional water to the ground beef? Unless, of course, they simply add additional fat!

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:35 PM »
Has anyone tried Xtasis on Northern?  They seem to offer unique toppings for their burgers.

Offline NYCMacUser

• Council Member
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »
Has anyone tried Xtasis on Northern?  They seem to offer unique toppings for their burgers.
Strawberry preserves? Like what?

Offline Dawnie

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:57 PM »
I went to Five Guys tonight and I agree, the burgers are yummy!! Of course, my eyes were too big for my stomach because I ordered the regular burger (2 patties...because I was starving) with a large fries and I couldn't eat it all.  I stuffed myself by eating the burger but I didn't even eat half my fries and that is NOT like me.  It was very tasty!!!  Thank you!!   :D

Now someone mentioned Sapori diIschia and a friend of a friend I know owns the restaurant and, I have been there numerous amount of times for parties etc.. and on my own and I like the restaurant but, it is not a favorite.  I feel the menu is very limited.  But, that's just my opinion.

Thanks again for the burger place....keep it coming.  I love trying new places and always appreciate a good meal. :smitten:

Offline NYCMacUser

• Council Member
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:27 PM »
I went to Five Guys tonight and I agree, the burgers are yummy!!
Damn, I have to get there.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:27 PM »