Author Topic: Best burger & fries in Queens  (Read 30192 times)

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
Re: Best burger & fries in Queens
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2009, 11:09:56 AM »
It's been a while since we last discussed burgers.

I was in Forest Hills the other day and spotted Cheeburger Cheeburger.  The place was hopping, so now I'm wondering if any JHLifers have tried it yet?
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2009, 10:57:07 PM »
I've been there in Plainview. seemed like it entertains teenagers best. as much toppings as you want on an average burger. fun atmosphere, but too fake for me.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2009, 11:26:11 PM »
Jeff, would you rate it as good as or better than Jackson Hole burgers?  I ask because Jackson Hole also offers assorted toppings, but I think their burgers are just o.k.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2009, 07:10:34 PM »
I haven't been to Jackson Hole. I do like the burgers at Jackson House though - they seem more real. AND check out the veggie burger there -- that is something interesting

Offline liam0925

• Council Member
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »
Donovan's...still the best!!!  :smitten:

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
I have yet to try the Manhattan location, but 5 Napkin Burger is opening in Astoria.  Anyone ever try their burgers?  Are they something to look forward to?

5 Napkin Burger

Also, 5 Napkin Burger has the following Craigslist job listing.  Now Hiring!

Craigslist - 5 Napkin Burger

Offline normelrod

• Citizen
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2010, 10:07:14 PM »
Last time I went there they didn't give us any napkins. I was a little miffed.

Offline Griswold Contessa

• Mayor
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »
Buddy I adore falafel but have never found any in Queens that measure up....please tell me about your falafel spot in Flushing!

I read the link.  Joe's BestBurger does look good.  Flushing is a pain in the butt to go to though, by car.  So congested and difficult parking.  At least Five Guys is in a tiny shopping mall with easy parking.  I go to Flushing occasionally because there's the best falafel I ever ate in Flushing.  And also the Queens Health Emporium but now with the Health Store here, I don't go that much.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Offline sulvndnr

• Activist
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »
Im sorry, im not in Queens, but if anyone is in the Village, we make a damn good burger :)

http://www.ubereater.com/2007/12/sullivan-diner-everything-but-greasy.html

Offline rita Lahoud

• Citizen
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
Best falafel in queens and maybe in nyc is at wafas on metropolitan and 71st or 72.  It is actually on the side street.  You can look her up online ata wafasfood.com.  lI am arab and know my falafel and can tell you that it is very good an she fries each order fresh so you have to wait a bit for a sandwich.  Cannot go wrong, better than what is in flushing.

Offline pipman

• Activist
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
Not sure how this became a discussion on Falafel...but you can get decent falafel in the Moroccan/Middle Eastern cafes on Steinway and 28th Ave.  Best falafels I had in Queens so far were from the Israeli places on Main Street in Kew Gardens.

Offline jimbo in jhts

• Citizen
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »
Cassidy's Ale House on 31st Ave/75th Street has great burgers. They are in the neighborhood and you can even head acrtoss the street to Canelle next to Waldbaums for some French pastry afterward...

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »
I am mystified that Donovan's burgers are considered to be great.  I love the atmosphere there, and I so want to like the burger. So much so, that I've given them 5 or 6 chances.  I went again the other day and yet again, the burger was dry and way overcooked.  I usually ask for medium, but the last two times I asked for very rare and specifically asked that it not be well done.  No luck - it was well done. 

But it's still one of my favorite places to grab a beer wtih friends - the bartenders are really friendly.  I'll just have to lower my expectations when it comes to the food...

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »