Author Topic: Best burger & fries in Queens  (Read 29003 times)

Offline penguin3017

• Tourist
Re: Best burger & fries in Queens
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »
Love Five Guys. Don't forget their hot dogs.

Offline NYCMacUser

• Council Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 12:39:47 PM »
I'd like to propose a JHL Five Guys outing.

We just have to pick a date and a time.

**free toppings does sound good**

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »
I'm not big on outings or group things.  I'm too anti-social.  Also, the window has closed on junk food eating.  After my friend tried to kill me last nite with red meat and lots of cheese, I'm off burgers until the summer BBQs.
First, do no harm.

Offline penguin3017

• Tourist
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:36 PM »
I do believe the plan was for a light healthy meal but you told the wife you could start the healthy diet next week. So I didn't try to kill you it was actually an attempted suicide. Was it worth every bite? I don't believe I forced you to eat three helpings of devils food cake either. But again, worth every bite. Love ya!!

Offline NYCMacUser

• Council Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »
BAD BUDDY! Go to your bed and contemplate how naughty you were.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
BAD BUDDY! Go to your bed and contemplate how naughty you were.

Buddy...naughty?  Why?  Because she's declared herself anti-social or because she ate three helpings of cake?  By the way, I see nothing wrong with that. :smitten:  The cake part that is.
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »
sorry sorry sorry. didn't mean to have the thread hijacked like this. my bad.

burgers and fries:  after rereading the posts there don't seem to be that many places in Queens. Not like the City.  I don't know why I have no desire to go to Novo but I don't.  I wish Five Guys would open up here.  Or Astoria. 
First, do no harm.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »
I don't know why I have no desire to go to Novo but I don't. 

I haven't been to Novo in a very long time.  I once ordered a Cuban sandwich that left lots to be desired...dry, bland meat and burnt yucca fries.  To be fair though, I'll have to give it another try.  Spanishfish has left me wanting to check out that burger.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »
I haven't been to Novo in a very long time.  I once ordered a Cuban sandwich that left lots to be desired...dry, bland meat and burnt yucca fries.  To be fair though, I'll have to give it another try.  Spanishfish has left me wanting to check out that burger.

So these are the places either one of us still have to try based on the posts here: Novo, Green Plaintains, UFC, La Cabana, Sapori diIschia... Did I forget any?
First, do no harm.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
 :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: Buddy, I have to admit that I didn't wait for you to try UFC.  We had it for dinner last night.

The rest of the list is accurate.

Edit:  Actually, I would like to try Mojitos for the Cuban sandwich.  I have a printed menu if you'd like to see it.  Need to go back to El Sitio as well for comparison purposes. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:08:46 PM by Chuckster »

Offline penguin3017

• Tourist
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »
If you want a good Cuban sandwich, go to El Sitio on 69th and Rosie. Their vaca frita ( I don't know if the spelling is correct on that. I'm not spanish. ) is awesome too. I've been eating there for 20 years.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »
Then you might want to try Mojitos on Roose. around 52nd.  It's a new Cuban restaurant.  There's already an existing thread on it.  Check it out.
First, do no harm.

Offline penguin3017

• Tourist
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:30 PM »
Sounds like a plan Buddy. How about next Tuesday? Or are you too anti social for that/

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »
If you want a good Cuban sandwich, go to El Sitio on 69th and Rosie. Their vaca frita ( I don't know if the spelling is correct on that. I'm not spanish. ) is awesome too. I've been eating there for 20 years.

I've been to El Sitio, but it's also been a very long time.  I stopped going because I was not happy with the quality of the food once new management took over.  Again, this was many years ago, so I'll have to go back to try it again.  Good Cuban food is something that is lacking in these parts and in most of New York City in general.  O.K.  I don't want to over generalize.  It's best to say that exceptional Cuban is hard to find.  I thought Mojitos was good.  There's still room for some improvement, but they've only been in business for a short while.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
Sounds like a plan Buddy. How about next Tuesday? Or are you too anti social for that/

hmmm haven't I been anti social for the past 20 years?   I'll see if they're open for lunch.  They're fairly new.

Next time we go to Five Guys, we have to take NYCMac and Chuckster. At least if there's a few of us the french fries won't go to waste.  They're huge servings.
First, do no harm.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »