Author Topic: Any long time Jackson Heights residents out there?  (Read 142982 times)

Offline E train

• Resident
Re: Any long time Jackson Heights residents out there?
« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »
In #279 there is a list of old PS 69ers most of whom I don't know or at least whose names strike no chords

"Name dropping:  (PS69 regulars) the legendary, ageless Bob Polachek, Bert Lowenstein, Richie and Bobby Rubino, Charlie Berry, Steve Feldstein, Demarco, Egrie, Sid and Dave Daniels, Alec Myers, Neubauer, Allen, the Brigands (Buster CEO), Chester Lumish.....".

Despite that there  were a few who I did recall-the Rubino Brothers, Richie Neubauer,the Brigands, and of course Chester(or has he preferred, Chet Lumish) who I knew very well. However it was Alec Myers who I wondered about who I also knew well when we both attended Bryant H.S and we were involved in the Drama Group. Anyone know anything about him now?

Offline queenskid2

• Activist
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2018, 10:45:58 AM »
Was Chet Lumish the brother of Bruce?  I went to Bryant from 69-73.  I don't remember Alec Myers.

Offline E train

• Resident
« Reply #287 on: March 09, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
I think Chet had a brother who I didn't know. The period I am talking about is in the late 50's. I graduated from Bryant in 1960 -I think Alec would have been class of 59.

Offline loanlady19

• Tourist
« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
I lived in jackson heigthts and went to PS 145 and Newtown HS I hung out in Bud's and Jahns. These posts are newer but still great memories

Offline Really4rob

• Mayor
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2018, 03:26:49 AM »
Wow I re-found this board while searching my old skating rink and almost forgot how much I used to post here ... ten years ago?? That can't be right.

Getting old.
Think before you speak.  Speak your mind.  Mind your business.  Business before pleasure.
Any questions?

Offline Morris-twins

• Tourist
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2018, 03:15:52 PM »
In #279 there is a list of old PS 69ers most of whom I don't know or at least whose names strike no chords

"Name dropping:  (PS69 regulars) the legendary, ageless Bob Polachek, Bert Lowenstein, Richie and Bobby Rubino, Charlie Berry, Steve Feldstein, Demarco, Egrie, Sid and Dave Daniels, Alec Myers, Neubauer, Allen, the Brigands (Buster CEO), Chester Lumish.....".

Despite that there  were a few who I did recall-the Rubino Brothers, Richie Neubauer,the Brigands, and of course Chester(or has he preferred, Chet Lumish) who I knew very well. However it was Alec Myers who I wondered about who I also knew well when we both attended Bryant H.S and we were involved in the Drama Group. Anyone know anything about him now?

Alec was a huge Brooklyn Dodgers fan who moved to the Heights from Brooklyn.  I would add Bobby Allen and Healy to that list.  And Dennis Malpetey (sp), Skippy Murphy, John Connolly. Kevin Young.

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2018, 03:38:27 PM »
Wow I re-found this board while searching my old skating rink and almost forgot how much I used to post here ... ten years ago?? That can't be right.

Getting old.

Really4Rob, not sure why, but I just saw your post. Is the skating rink you're referring to USA Skating? I spent many a Friday evening skating there while my parents supervised. ::)

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2018, 03:38:27 PM »