Author Topic: Who likes a good cup of Tea?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Avela

• Citizen
Who likes a good cup of Tea?
« on: March 20, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
Why are there no Tea shops in Jackson Heights? I love a good cup of tea.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
Re: Who likes a good cup of Tea?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
Avela, what's a tea shop?  You mean a place that just sells tea?  Without coffee?  Incredible!  I've been to something like a tea shop in the Village.  Teeny little place that's owned by a Brit.  You can get tea and crustless sandwiches.  It's cute but I couldn't imagine it surviving here.
First, do no harm.

andolicious

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 01:05:04 AM »
i actually enjoy tea a lot. i remember a while back in the village a friend of mine used to work at tea spot. its right by washington square park. i used to get free tea and tea by the pound. oh those were the days. i doubt a tea shop in jackson heights would be as popular as it is in parts of the city. oh well. we cant have it all.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 02:24:14 PM »
With the large Asian community we have in Jackson Heights and in neighboring communities, maybe a tea house would do well here.
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline abee

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »
There's a lovely tea shop in Astoria (not freezepeach, though they have a great tea selection too)- the Himalayan Tea Shop. It's right near Brick Cafe and Il Bambino on 31st Avenue and around 33rd Street. There's also Communitea in LIC on Vernon Blvd.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »