Author Topic: Dermatologist? Recommendation?  (Read 5296 times)

Offline eddie

• Activist
Dermatologist? Recommendation?
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:01:02 AM »
Anyone know a good Derma in the area?

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
Re: Dermatologist? Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:40:12 PM »
I copied and pasted  from yelp.  Personally I found dermatologist to specialize...i ended up identifying my own problems after 2 years of dermatologists...Thank You Apple Cyder Vinegar

1. Queens Crossing Dermatology
Category: Dermatologists
Neighborhoods: Flushing, Downtown Flushing  7 reviews
136-20 38th Ave
Flushing, NY 11354

(718) 886-7546  I go to Dr. Vivian Yee when I want a bag full of samples and goodies for my skin :)  The wait wasn't too long, Dr. Yee is very professional and gives an accurate diagnosis. I had a cyst on my eyelid… 2. Dr. Anthony C. Parris, MD
Neighborhood: Astoria  6 reviews
2747 Crescent St
Astoria, NY 11102

(718) 626-8181  I first went to see Dr. Parris a year ago when I developed what I now know is a mild case of psoriasis.  I also had some serious acne action going on.  I followed his instructions and everything… 3. Alexander Nicolaides, MD
Neighborhood: Astoria  7 reviews
2318 31st St
Long Island City, NY 11105

(718) 728-9822  This guy is great. Many people in my family have been to him and so have I. He knows what he is doing. I have recommended him to many people. I would go back for any skin issue. 4. Raveco Medical
Categories: Dermatologists, Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Neighborhood: Forest Hills  2 reviews
7010 Austin Street
Forest Hills, NY 11375

(718) 268-7337  I started going here once i found out i was preggers. The facility is great, convenient for those who live in FH and they are very friendly! I've met 4 of the 5 docs that practice there so far.  … 5. Karol Rhonda MD
Neighborhood: Forest Hills  2 reviews
10848 70th Road
Forest Hills, NY 11375

(718) 261-4920  I had a really bad rash that went haywire on my calf. It turned my skin dark and unsightly. I was self conscious about it to the point that I wouldn't wear shorts or skirts. She looked at it and knew… 6. Advanced Dermatology PC
Neighborhood: Flushing  3 reviews
5847 188th St
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365

(718) 357-8200  I had a very good experience there. I went to get the bags under my eyes removed and Dr. Joshua Fox was the one that removed them. It didn't hurt and now they are gone.  I will go back there for… 7. LaserKlinic
Categories: Laser Hair Removal, Dermatologists, Cosmetic Surgeons
Neighborhood: Astoria  1 review
28-18 Steinway Street, Third Floor
Queens, NY 11102

(718) 956-5600  Ladies here do a effienct job which is priced fairly, I think I have been coming to them for 3 years or so. Only issue I have is that they don't do touchs up in between sessions, this laser place is… 8. Cui Jian MD PC
Categories: Hair Removal, Dermatologists
Neighborhoods: Flushing, Downtown Flushing  1 review
13620 38th Ave Ste 5H
Flushing, NY 11354

(718) 661-9554  Search for other reviews of JIAN CUI on Yelp --you will pull up equally negative reviews of this fraud of a man.  Many people get suckered into the nice gleaming office, but wait time is excruciating… 9. Brezel Ted MD
Neighborhood: Glendale  1 review
7959 Myrtle Avenue
Glendale, NY 11385

(718) 418-3041  He really is a nasty man, and I agree with Steve G's post.  I was in there for some spots I noticed on my legs, the pills he prescribed to help gave me major migraines so for my follow up visit I told… 10. Solowey Carl MD
Neighborhood: Forest Hills  1 review
9805 63rd Road Apt 1M
Rego Park, NY 11374

(718) 896-1010  I went to this guy to get a plantar wart taken care of. His course of treatment was to continue using salicylic acid patches (aka the Dr. Scholl's patches I was already using). A total waste of a…
Time is running out!

Offline eddie

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:34:27 PM »
Thanks NYC!

Offline bellabella

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »
Dr. Tamara Moss Forest Hills

Offline snickers

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »
I know this doctor(Dr Miriam Cassal) has been mentioned on here before, so I
went there this afternoon, not too bad of a wait(45 minutes). She was patient
with me and answered my questions, she drained a small cyst on my scalp,
10 minutes tops and I was out the door. I should get the biopsy results in a week.

I have to go back in a month, I might need surgery to get it removed which is what
I will choose to do if need be. I have had it for about a year, never hurt if I touched it
mainly a cosmetic issue since it's on the top part of my head where my hair is thinning.

I have a question for anybody who has had a cyst surgically removed, do the scars heal
over time or does it leave a permanent mark? I figure the incision to be no more then 1/2
inch if surgery is needed.

Offline Junior Minty

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 07:37:54 PM »
As this is an old thread, I thought I would bump it to see if there was any new knowledge out there.

I am looking for a dermatologist for a friend who I believe has a cyst on his back. As it has recurred, I think he needs to see a dermatologist and get it removed, but he has no insurance. Dermatology is expensive! Anyone have any leads for a dermatologist who could remove a medium sized cyst in an easy location for less than a (figurative) arm and a leg? Many thanks in advance!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 07:37:54 PM »