Author Topic: $349,000 UNDER RENOVATION - 2 BEDROOM - NO BOARD - SUBLET OK  (Read 1527 times)

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
$349,000 UNDER RENOVATION - 2 BEDROOM - NO BOARD - SUBLET OK
« on: February 17, 2011, 11:56:45 PM »
Large 2 Bedroom under renovation at this time at the ACROPOLIS - 33RD ST AND DITMARS BLVD, ASTORIA 
THIS IS THE LARGEST AVAILABLE UNIT (H LINE) ON THE 2ND FLOOR - $349K ASKING PRICE.  LARGE OPEN KITCHEN AND ESPRESSO BAMBOO FLOORING (THIS IS THE PLAN AS OF NOW).  IM NOT SURE WHICH CABINETS AND COUNTERS I WILL CHOSE YET BUT IM OPEN TO WORK WITH A BUYER.  STEEL APPLIANCES WILL INCLUDE DISHWASHER, WINE FRIDGE, SIDE X SIDE FRIDGE WITH WATER & ICE DISP., MICROWAVE (THE WORKS).  THE UNIT WILL ALSO HAVE ONE FULL 20 FT LONG WALL WITH THE ORIGINAL EXPOSED BRICK.  THE UNITS HAVE 9 FOOT CEILINGS AND WE ARE CONSIDERING VAULTED CEILINGS - ANY BUYERS OUT THERE LOOKING FOR THAT DREAM UNIT?

CALL LUIS AT 917-577-2868

CASH BUYERS CAN GET THE BEST PRICES BUT 20% DOWN AND MORE ARE OK AS WELL.  THANKS  
  :smitten:
Time is running out!

Offline earlie

• Citizen
Re: $349,000 UNDER RENOVATION - 2 BEDROOM - NO BOARD - SUBLET OK
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:47:01 PM »
I've always thought these looked like nice buildings, and worth considering, but I have read some stuff online (maybe even on Astorians?) about a certain kind of vermin of the bed-loving variety infesting these buildings. Is there anything to this rumor anymore, or is this outdated information?

Actually, after a quick search, it looks like it was reported on the bedbug registry just this December. Nevermind! I can't win. I am seriously looking for a place. Maybe I need to call up some mgmt companies and find out 1. if they will admit there is/has been a problem and 2. how they dealt with it. If it is taken seriously, it might be worth pursuing a closer look.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:59:00 PM by earlie »

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »
@ earlieAcropolis is not 1 building...It is 36 small buildings, each floor with 2 apartments and approximately 700 Apartments spread out in One entire city block.  I doubt that if 1 person has or had any bedbuds it would find it's way through the brick & concrete walls, rooftops or courtyards.  I have been working on and off this old complex for about 3 years.  I have yet to see 1 bedbug, water bug or mice.  On two separate occasions I found apartments some roaches while demolishing cabinets.  In one particular time I gad to bomb the apartment before commencing the work because whomever the tenant was never cleaned , mop or allowed the exterminator in over 10 years.  The floors and backsplash had so much grease and dirt that while I stepped through the kitchen the bottom of my shoes were getting stuck

Outside of those two incident I have never seen roaches either, which is more than i can say in most other buildings I have worked in Queens.  I won't say which building, but in one very memorable project in Bayside, while my guys were demolishing some walls, roaches were literally falling on top of my employees.  It was disgusting, none of my guys had seen this before.  I have seen roaches before, but never, ever like this.   
Time is running out!

Offline Marlene

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
I've always thought these looked like nice buildings, and worth considering, but I have read some stuff online (maybe even on Astorians?) about a certain kind of vermin of the bed-loving variety infesting these buildings. Is there anything to this rumor anymore, or is this outdated information?

Actually, after a quick search, it looks like it was reported on the bedbug registry just this December. Nevermind! I can't win. I am seriously looking for a place. Maybe I need to call up some mgmt companies and find out 1. if they will admit there is/has been a problem and 2. how they dealt with it. If it is taken seriously, it might be worth pursuing a closer look.

In rentals, there is a bedbug disclosure.  In sales, there are the board minutes.

Offline earlie

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »
In rentals, there is a bedbug disclosure.  In sales, there are the board minutes.

If the board formalizes the discussion. My former board did not, which I don't think is so uncommon. It was never in the minutes and neither were a lot of things. And this was a 'good building' in JH.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »