Author Topic: Bedbugs on 35th Ave?  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Mary Poppins

• Activist
Bedbugs on 35th Ave?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
So, some friends of mine that want to move here found an apartment they are really interested in but they found a complaint online stating that the whole building was infested with bedbugs... 311 has closed out the complaint.   Does anyone here know if 7410 35th Ave indeed did have bedbugs and if they are completely gone now?  Any other inside scoop on the building would be really appreciated as well

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Bedbugs on 35th Ave?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
first of all...eek!

secondly, i don't know anything about that particular building, but there's a potentially useful map here:

http://samizdat.cc/bdbgs/

Offline Mary Poppins

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »
Thanks - funny this thread would revive today.  We went to the building today, someone let us in and we went down to the laundry room and talked to some residents... turns out not only has the building had serious bedbug issues but also mice and roaches.  One woman we talked to said she'd been there for many years and the managing company is slow to respond to everything and basically just tries to hide any problems or blame it back on the residents calling bedbugs a personal issue rather than being proactive about getting rid of the problem.  Very disappointing and out a pretty hefty application fee but glad they found out before they moved in...  :(

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 10:37:07 PM »
hEY, SOUNDS TO ME IT IS A CHANGE TO BRING THE PRICE DOWN ANOTHER 10K
   :D :D :D

Buy the Unit...get a discount (preferably in a form of a check on closing)  pay a pro to clean out your spot ($600 will do) 
Then...welcome to the neighborhood!
Time is running out!

Offline bellabella

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »
RUN Like the wind. That building is beyond bad news I've heard horror stories.Do some googling!! Alot of buildings have/had bedbugs. Nobody living there is going to tell you (they either own or are embarrassed) Even the building that housed the senators office had bedbugs. About three yrs ago if you take a walk down any street you'd see a large amount of mattresse/furniture discarded (thats a big clue) I haven't seen that so much lately.

Offline Mary Poppins

• Activist
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »
Well they are renting not buying and they ran alright... Found a place in Astoria - I wanted them closer but I can bike over and visit :-)

I feel so bad for the resident at 7410 that did talk to us - sounds like its beem pretty miserable living there... We didn't find out a lot of info online so I hope this thread can be found via google by anyone else that may be looking

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
a building with persistent and pervasive vermin infestation, unresponsive management and -- as is clear from a look around the grounds -- no desire to spend a penny on maintenance?

if there were a chance to bring the price down another 100K, i'd consider it. briefly.

Buy the Unit...get a discount (preferably in a form of a check on closing)  pay a pro to clean out your spot ($600 will do) 

Offline earlie

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »

Not a f&^#@!g chance. An apartment is only as well-cared for as the building is. Eventually, they will find their way into your place.

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
Not a f&^#@!g chance. An apartment is only as well-cared for as the building is. Eventually, they will find their way into your place.

Then don't ^$#ng buy it
Time is running out!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »