Author Topic: Presentation by Tanzanian CARE Representative  (Read 773 times)

Offline LauraBarrett

• Tourist
Presentation by Tanzanian CARE Representative
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »
I recently went to Washington D.C. as part of a CARE delegation to Rep. Joseph Crowley to advocate for legislation that would provide support for maternal/infant care; that would alleviate world hunger; and that would address the issue of child marriage.  If you wish to read in detail what initiatives CARE is taking on these issues, please go to www.care.org.

I am writing to you because I am hoping you might be interested in hearing about the work CARE does from Dorcas Robinson, who works with CARE Tanzania.  Dorcas has a wide range of significant experience with CARE.  She suggested that she could speak about topics including maternal health (she led the development of a maternal health policy platform in Tanzania), and social protection/ safety nets and food security, as well as reflections on the role that Access Africa (scaling up access to Voluntary Savings and Loans and to other basic financial services) can play in supporting people at the very bottom of the economic ladder (including people on safety nets).  Dorcas is a good person and a great speaker with a wealth of knowledge about CARE.

Dorcas will be here only Thursday night, June 17th at 6:30 PM. If you are interested in attending this presentation, please email me at pauline@inch.com asap but no later than Sunday evening, June 13th. Location will depend on the number of responses I receive. You will be notified by the email you send me.  I hope to see you that evening.

Jackson Heights Life

Presentation by Tanzanian CARE Representative
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »