Author Topic: so many cafe nuevas...  (Read 2129 times)

Offline terrencelee

• Tourist
so many cafe nuevas...
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
we live on 85th st and 37th ave, why are there so many cafe  nuevas in our area? are they owned by different people? or are they just that popular?

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
Re: so many cafe nuevas...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »
there are just 2, right? they are both great. just enjoy it.

Offline terrencelee

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
there are 3 i believe. all within 2 blocks. not that their bad, but i just never see that much foot traffic in the largest one, it makes me wonder why they need them all?

id enjoy them a lot more if they served breakfast :p

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »
I think they're very successful and this allowed them to expand. Sometimes the largest one gets packed.  Maybe it depends on time of day. 

I also only know of 2 La Nuevas, but I believe the same family also owns Uruguaya Bakery, which is on the same block as the restaurant La Nueva. 

Offline homeowner

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »
there are 3 i believe. all within 2 blocks. not that their bad, but i just never see that much foot traffic in the largest one, it makes me wonder why they need them all?

id enjoy them a lot more if they served breakfast :p

I believe the one on the corner of 85/37 serves breakfast.  I've been going there regularly since they opened and have never been disppointed.

Offline terrencelee

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »
i live on the same block as the one on 85th so im a bit dissapointed that i dont have much use for it. the only thing there i can really eat is the ceaser salad since we dont eat beef or pork. pretty much everything on the menu is pork or beef based.

and they do serve spanish breakfast, but im a boring old american from the midwest so i like things like waffles omelletes grits etc. they only have one american breakfast and its also heavy on the meat :p

sucks too because we love eating outdoors but theres just nothing on the menu for us. and we rarely see more than the rare straggler sitting outside in the outdoor area.

Moderator Note:  The discussion on diners has been moved to the following thread:  Diners / Coffee Shops
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:08:25 PM by Chuckster »

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »