Author Topic: Special Election to replace Monserrate  (Read 29407 times)

Offline JMV

• Citizen
Re: Special Election to replace Monserrate
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2010, 12:17:18 AM »
Beltrani is another liar! He was forced to run by Monserrate's supporters (his former colleagues) the Republicans to steal votes from Peralta. Monserrate was a registered Republican and switched to the Democratic party for personal gains and not because he represents the best interest of SD#13 constituents. He has always fought against the establishment-he said it himself on the NY1 debate. That means he's not fit for office. He's a liar, a thief, a woman abuser and a criminal!

Watch the debate at this link: http://www.ny1.com/1-all-boroughs-news-content/115089/monserrate--queens-rivals-lock-horns-in-ny1-debate

Offline Really4rob

• Mayor
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2010, 06:12:57 AM »
Ah the tangled web of politics .. the polls open in a few minutes.  Let's go people!

(Where can I get that 'exTERMinate the RAT' T shirt?)
Think before you speak.  Speak your mind.  Mind your business.  Business before pleasure.
Any questions?

Offline Really4rob

• Mayor
Re: Special Election - Debate at IS 145
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2010, 06:15:11 AM »
And today IS Tuesday, so vote on people!
Think before you speak.  Speak your mind.  Mind your business.  Business before pleasure.
Any questions?

Offline liam0925

• Council Member
Re: Special Election - Debate at IS 145
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2010, 10:36:10 AM »
Just voted for Jose!  Not much of a crowd at PS 69.  People need to get out and vote.  This needs to be a big win both for Jose and the community. As they used to say in Chicago---"Vote early and vote often"  :police:

Offline liam0925

• Council Member
Spring Has Sprung
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »
Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day!  This is the day Monserrate goes away!  :rockon:

Offline earbears

• Mayor
Re: Spring Has Sprung
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2010, 11:14:56 AM »
Let's hope the good people of JH hear you and VOTE the RAT OUT!!! :2funny:

Offline Emma

• Citizen
    • Twitness
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »
I voted.

I also told the folks handing out Monserrate fliers in front of the school that he should be in prison.

Offline Marlene

• Mayor
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
Our Jackson Heights streets are full of passionate people today.

Gorgeous day to get out and vote for Peralta.

Is this tele-novela over?   ::)

Best,   :smiley6600:

Offline Emma

• Citizen
    • Twitness
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
My apartment faces 37th Avenue, and as I write this, Monserrate is riding by in a parade-float type thing, waving at people. There are 4 other people standing in the float and waving signs around him. 2 white vans with his name on their sides and with loudspeakers on top of them are following the float, blaring, "Vote for Monserrate; yes we can," in Spanish. I wish that I could go vote for Peralta again.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2010, 01:20:11 PM »
I just came back from voting and boy was it empty.
I am not sure is that means anything. :(

There was a car in front of the school with Rat literature pasted to windows and even handing out flyers. I complained to the police officer who told him to stop handing anything out but wouldn't move the car along. I asked why he was still in the "no standing spot" and the officer replied that the car was waiting for someone. I don't know but if I ever 'wait' in a no standing spot in front of a school, I either get told to move or they start writing a ticket. I am not sure whose side the officer was on! :-\

Offline Aronan

• Mayor
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
It may have been empty because it's the middle of the day. For the most part I think most people vote either on thier way to or home from work, so mornings and evenings see a lot more people.
"It is widely recognized that the courageous spirit of a
single man can inspire to victory an army of
thousands. If one concerned with ordinary gain can
create such an effect, how much more will be produced by one who cares for greater things ?" -Chunag Tse

Offline spartacus

• Citizen
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
I just voted a little while ago.  I was the 86th voter in my election district.  That is pretty damn good for a special election.  And I am sure many people vote on their way home from work.  I hope turnout is okay throughout the district.  I have to believe that a good turnout benefits Peralta.

If you haven't voted yet, please do.  Your vote matters.

Offline David_M

• Citizen
    • blog, audio, video, & stuff
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
My partner and I voted a little while ago, then took ourselves to Espresso 77 for one of their incredible Chocolate Kisses.

While sitting outside in the glorious sun :smitten:, a person with a fistful of Monserrate flyers approached us and offered one. We declined, saying, "Never!" and "He's a bigot!"  I don't understand Spanish well, but know enough to comprehend when a mouthful of gay slurs is levied at me.  There was no mistaking her vehemence.  And her hatred.  First time that's happened in decades.

Trust me, we will be watching the poll returns avidly this evening.
David_M in JH @ 35th
• Facebook •

Offline cupcakeparade

• Resident
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »
hi,

i haven't had time to read through this entire thread but who is Robert Beltrani and what does he stand for? does he have a website (i guess i could just google...yeah)? i know there has been much discussion of monserrate and peralta but virtually none about beltrani. if i'm to vote today i want to know as much as i can in the short time i have left.

thanks.

Offline Aronan

• Mayor
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »
Beltrani is the Republican candidate who had a lack luster performance in the debates. He opposes marriage equality and does not seem to be serious about this election. That's all you need to know IMHO.
"It is widely recognized that the courageous spirit of a
single man can inspire to victory an army of
thousands. If one concerned with ordinary gain can
create such an effect, how much more will be produced by one who cares for greater things ?" -Chunag Tse

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »