Author Topic: New Eastern European / Polish Restaurant: U Dzika  (Read 24370 times)

Online dssjh

• Mayor
Re: New Eastern European / Polish Restaurant: U Dzika
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
sigh.

i am hundreds of miles away from home right now, and you could probably hear me let out one of those 'Peanuts' styled 'aaaaaauuuuuugggghhhs' from here.

:(

"Judging" from the locked gate and empty shelves on a Saturday afternoon, I'd guess U DZKA's closed for good. Anyone else dare to comment?

Offline leoooog

• Activist
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »
That's what happens when people spread false rumors.

Offline CRABBYPATTY

• Activist
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
Yes maybe those who initially spread rumors of this establishment's closing hung black crepe......I guess you got what you wanted.
 >:(

That's what happens when people spread false rumors.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Could it be possible that the place is closed for the holiday weekend? Maybe they forgot a sign or it fell down.

Let's hope :-\

Offline pipman

• Activist
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »
Still closed??  It's sad--probably another chicken and rice place will open.  The Polish food was good and cheap, but they lacked marketing savvy to appeal to more people. 

Offline CRABBYPATTY

• Activist
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »
I knew it was just a matter of time.  They did not have enough of a target group to survive here.  Everyone on JHL was so thrilled with the cheap prices for their food but one must have to sell mucho pirogi in order to pay for 37Th Ave. rent.  Hopefully they can head over to Greenpoint where the rent is cheaper and they will find a clientele that will support polish cuisine.

Offline Icecreamlover

• Tourist
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »
We got food from there on the 26th. They must've had to clear out at the end of the month when the lease ended because when we went by over 4th of July weekend, everything was pretty much cleared out. So sad!

Offline Mike V

• Council Member
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »
According to a neighbor who speaks Polish, Beata was completely exhausted working 7 days a week and long hours.  Most likely could not afford to hire help.  She did speak with the owner of Monika's and they discussed merging and serving both Polish & Dominican food at the U Dzika location.  This would have reduced hours for both owners.  Sadly, it didn't happen for whatever reasons. 

Offline mrleefromny

• Citizen
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2010, 12:17:49 AM »
so sad.  i used to dine there at least once per week.   :'(

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2010, 12:17:49 AM »