Author Topic: Slim's Bagels  (Read 16064 times)

Offline jjackflash

• Citizen
Re: New Bagel Store Coming
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »
its 8:25 pm and they are still open so i guess the new hours are now being observed
Its not an investment....its a NEIGHBORHOOD!

Offline abee

• Council Member
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »
We weren't thrilled- the bagels didn't seem boiled, so they didn't have that nice hard shell. I had an everything bagel and found it rather bland. The inside was nice, it was clean, attractive and they had a nice looking selection of salads and spreads. I might go back to try some of their sandwiches and wraps. For now though, I'm sticking with the Bagel House for my bagels.

Offline jjackflash

• Citizen
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 01:18:54 PM »
Most places stopped boiling them years ago
they took the shortcut and "steamed" them so they have never tasted right
you have to find places that still do it the old fashioned way
Its not an investment....its a NEIGHBORHOOD!

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
tried for the first time today, and while the folks behind the counter could not have been nicer, i was underwhelmed by the bagel. a little too fluffy and kaiser roll-like, and as someone else said, kind of bland. the poppy could have used a little more poppy as well. the salads did look good, so i will probably pop in for a later day sandwich test sometime.....

Offline madalyn

• Mayor
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2010, 01:58:47 PM »
I agree about the overall flavorless quality of the bagels.  I have tried sesame, cinnamon/raisin and poppy-seed and found them all to be dry and relatively without taste.  So sad!  I really wanted that corner to be a success.

Offline francis

• Mayor
Slim Bagels on 86th Street
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
Today I got a chance to get lunch from Slims Bagels on the corner of 37Th Ave. and 86Th Street and have to say it was surprisingly delicious---Not to mention that it is about the only "normal" deli in town.. I had a Cuban Paninni which was great! He has a large selection of bagels, spreads and sweets along with all the regular Deli stuff....Naked juices, bagel chips, cookies, starbucks, and flavored coffees.  There is counter space if your into eating there. It is a great addition to the neighborhood and I would recommended trying it

Jackson Heights Life

Slim Bagels on 86th Street
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »