Author Topic: Teany beverages -- where in Jackson Heights?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
Teany beverages -- where in Jackson Heights?
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »
I love Teany iced tea bottled beverages, but have only been able to find them in Manhattan delis.  Has anyone spotted these in any of the local markets?  I tried Fairway, but they don't seem to carry this brand.  And yes...I know I have the option of brewing my own tea.  Nonetheless, I enjoy the convenience of the bottled version.
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: Teany beverages -- where in Jackson Heights?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »
Have you tried the Amish Market in Rego Park?  I don't know for sure that they carry them, but if they do, it's not far from Trader Joes if you are ever doing a TJ's run.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
It didn't occur to me to try Trader Joe's since it appears that many of the items they stock are TJ's house brand.  I will check on it though.

I was a bit disappointed the last time I went to the Queens Amish Market.  Many of the freshly prepared food items appeared to have been sitting all day long.  It could have been a slow day for them, so I'll have to make a trip back at some point.  On a somewhat similar note, I just read that the grand opening of the Amish Market originally scheduled to open in February in Long Island City has been postponed by a few months.  This should really disappoint LIC residents...understandably so.

Last minute edit:  I just came across the Teany beverage website.

http://www.teanybeverages.com/

My mistake was by only searching the cafe's internet site, which appears to function independently and doesn't have much information on the bottled teas.  According to the beverage site, this product is currently available only in Manhattan and Brooklyn.  :(  I'll have to shoot off any e-mail to them.  Shelby, it does state that the Amish Market carries it as well as Fairway.  As I previously posted, when I inquired at the Red Hook Fairway, they informed me that they don't stock the brand.  Hmmm....

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:59:29 PM by Chuckster »

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »
I received a response from a Teany representative basically asking me where specifically would I like to see Teany beverages available in Jackson Heights.  I would like to mention the heath food store on 37th Avenue.  Does anyone know the shop's exact name and side streets on 37th?  I usually just walk there without paying much attention to exact corners, etc.  I'm also including Met Food and Trade Fair in my reply.

Offline Aronan

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:44 PM »
On rare occasions I have found Teany in the deli on the corner of 76th St. and 37th ave. I usually only see a hand full of bottles at a time though. Presumably one could ask the Deli's management to stock more Teany ???
"It is widely recognized that the courageous spirit of a
single man can inspire to victory an army of
thousands. If one concerned with ordinary gain can
create such an effect, how much more will be produced by one who cares for greater things ?" -Chunag Tse

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Health food store address
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »
the health food store is called Jackson Heights Health Food and the address is 83-10 37th Ave.

btw, it is now open till 8pm monday-sat and til 6pm on sunday.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »
Thanks for the information Shelby!   :)

Offline majorette

• Tourist
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »
I just purchased some at C-Town on 37th Ave. and 85th St. for only 69 cents for a 16.9 oz bottle. 

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
Majorette, that's a great deal!  I've paid a little over $1.00 per bottle at Fairway.  Thanks.   :)

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »