Author Topic: "Go JH" local shopping initiative in Daily News  (Read 1954 times)

Offline MarcusW

• Council Member
  • Living here and loving it!
"Go JH" local shopping initiative in Daily News
« on: September 21, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/money/small_biz/2009/09/21/2009-09-21_small_businesses_fighting_downturn_urge_residents_to_spend_in_their_neighborhood.html

I thought this was interesting, a local Jackson Heights customer loyalty card (half way through the article). No word yet on when and what, but I like the idea. Anyone know more?
- MW

Offline Queenskid

• Council Member
Re: "Go JH" local shopping initiative in Daily News
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »
This is the first I've heard of it.  It's a great idea.  I would sign up in a second.

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:20:20 PM »
A while back we had a thread for the Community Journal that was started by Bryan.  He mentions GO JH! as one of the services offered by the Journal.  Not sure if the rules have changed over time.

Community Journal - Jackson Heights
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline leoooog

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »
I wish them luck, but am somewhat cynical about how effective the program will be. Are you more likely to shop at Duane Reade because you have their loyalty card? No, because you probably have a dozen other loyalty cards dangling from your key chain.

I hope it is successful, though. Hopefully it will lead to more initiatives to support local businesses. A Jackson Heights—or Queens—currency, perhaps? I wouldn't mind paying for my milk in Jacksons.

Offline ECG

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 06:23:03 AM »
Actually I am more likely to shop at a place where I have an affinity card. For the supermarkets and drugstores, I read their flyers more closely than the others, and mostly go to them for my big shopping.

I have one of the early models of the GO JH! cards and definitely patronized the establishments that honored them. I like flashing my ID and saving some money. Makes me feel cool!

Even cooler than I already am, and that's saying something! :D

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »