Author Topic: burned out cars  (Read 4422 times)

Offline NY_Epicuriousity

• Resident
Re: burned out cars
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »
Well - the trend continues..On 74th street, between 37th and 35th Avenues, another burned out car.  This time a late model Kia SUV with the license plates removed (that reeks of an insurance job.).

This particular one spooks me as it was directly across the street from my girlfriend's car.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
Re: burned out car on 74th street
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 08:57:53 AM »
webster's collegiate 10th. ok sure maybe i need a new dictionary, but...swarthy-of a dark color, complexion or cast.
and i have to say that if i were one of the two friends standing there i think i would have been a bit more forthcoming to neighbors asking about the situation, instead of just sullenly staring ahead and ignoring the fact that someone was speaking to them thereby perpetuating any suspicions that something sinister might have taken place.
anyone thanks for the clarification

I don't think there's anything questionable using the word swarthy since you inquired as to what happened and were ignored. I would have been suspicious of that, also.  So you posted using a colorful word that expressed your emotion of the situation.  I'm sorry for Meli's neighbor losing his car like that. What a nightmare.  But I can understand, given the circumstances, how it might have looked suspicious.  I'd want to know what was happening also either to help or report it.
First, do no harm.

Jackson Heights Life

Re: burned out car on 74th street
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 08:57:53 AM »