Author Topic: La Pequena Colombia  (Read 3772 times)

Offline pamelap

• Tourist
La Pequena Colombia
« on: January 30, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know about the wonderful La Pequena Colombia.  I know some of you might have been their in the past but the place has undergone a total transformation.  I thought I walked into the wrong place...it looked oh so chic!  It is under new management and all the improvements are too long to list.  The menu has been enhanced - delicious and first-rate cuisine.  I had an excellent experience and I hope you all get a chance to try it out yourselves.

Queens Tribune - Jan 15, 2009
Discover Colombia
La Pequeña Colombia
83-27 Roosevelt Ave., Jackson Heights
(718) 478-6528
www.pequenacolombia.com
Cuisine: Colombian
Hours: Lunch and dinner Monday through Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends.
Parking: Discount parking on Roosevelt Avenue and 86th Street.
CREDIT: All Major

Living in Queens, we hear all about the great ethnic restaurants that pepper our borough but many times, we can’t seem to find one when we’re looking.

Enter La Pequeña Colombia.

Located just off the No. 7 train in the Little Colombia section of Jackson Heights, this eatery has been a local favorite since it opened in 1984.

Newly remodeled, the restaurant has a front set up diner-style with a bar and booths and a back section that is spacious and white-clothed chic.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: La Pequena Colombia
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »
I was there for a group dinner (around 10 people) in November and it was very nice.  We had a large table in the back.  The food was nice and reasonably priced, especially the Ropa Vieja (a shredded beef dish) which was under $10 and could easily serve three people!  The other prices were the standard $10-25 for entrees.

There is live music on weekends (maybe Thurs-Sat?) which we thought might be too loud for us to hear each other well, so we avoided it by planning our dinner for a Monday.

Ambiance was very nice, staff attentive.  Overall a good experience.

Offline pipman

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »
I also ventured in La Pequena Columbia back in November.   Generally I am disappointed with many of the Colombian restaurants in JH.  The quality of food and service here was good.  Unfortunately I was there on a weekend and the music was TOO LOUD. I would have said something, but most of the other diners seemed to enjoy the music??  I haven't been back, but would likely go a day without the music.  For more basic Colombian I like Los Arrieros as well.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 12:41:14 AM »
I need to try this place.  The renovations really do look nice.

At first I thought this was a new location for the El Pequeño Coffee Shop, but that's still at 86-10 Roosevelt Avenue.

Offline KC

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:05:38 PM »
I like the place.  The food ranges from decent to really yummy, and the service is excellent. I HIGHLY recommend their Thursday veggie soup! The environment is nice, and I love sitting in the front and people watching as the Roosevelt Ave traffic goes by the big window.  They are very child friendly, accomodate special orders, and serve a decent glass of wine!

Offline steven

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »
Nice new look.   I used to visit La Pequena Colombia with my family all the time.  The food is as good as ever.  The ambiance is great and the staff was very hospitable.  Like always parking is a little tough in JH. :rockon:

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
Hey guys, would you mind taking the quick pole
 :smitten:
http://www.jacksonheightslife.com/community/index.php?topic=386.msg15404#msg15404
Time is running out!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »