Author Topic: What is the name of that restaurant that looks like a hut?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline hunnybear

• Activist
What is the name of that restaurant that looks like a hut?
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
I remember driving past a tropical looking restaurant a while back near laquardia does anyone know the name? the streets? how is the food etc? thanks

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
Re: What is the name of that restaurant that looks like a hut?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:45:31 PM »
Is that restaurant still around?  Hubby and went there a few years back because we were intrigued by its facade.  At that time, they were serving Dominican food.  We were the only customers in there, and one of the waiters told us that business was very slow.  The food was o.k., but not good enough to entice us to return.
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline eddiestjohns

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
The name is Gran Rancho Jubilee.  I always wanted to go there and have a drink but someone discouraged me because he heard there were problems there.  They police shut it down and it had reopened but I am not sure if it is still open.  The link below is about there police problems and is from the end of 2006.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17319422&BRD=2731&PAG=461&dept_id=574903&rfi=

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »
Here are a couple of yelp reviews

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
Mediocre food...cute place but the chairs are really uncomfortable.  Nice to go once and say you went but that's as far as I would go.  If you know a Dominican and want to take them there they'll really appreciate it otherwise don't look for something that is not there.  If the place was in DR it would be a great to visit but here, oh well.  Go and have the experience.
Time is running out!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »