Author Topic: Robbery in drugstore  (Read 419 times)

Offline Garsleat

• Citizen
Robbery in drugstore
« on: February 20, 2021, 08:33:15 PM »
I was shopping at a Rite Aid on Kissena Blvd., while it's not in JH, I thought it's important PSA to let people know about this incident. As I was paying, a manager was screaming at a male, telling him he just called the cops and will arrive soon. It turned out this guy was swiping merchandises into his backpack with in intention of stopping. I was freaking out, but my transaction was already in process, so just praying this guy didn't have any weapon. He continued to steal as I left. That's why drugstores are locking up merchandises and having security guards at entrance now. So everyone just be alert and be safe. Yes these employees are just as essential and also our everyday heroes. This manager wasn't afraid and approached the perpetrator. Thank God nothing happened.

Offline Ms. Jackson

• Activist
  • I am for real
Re: Robbery in drugstore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 09:13:55 PM »
I've heard about this happening before from someone who saw it firsthand at a store in the Bronx. 2 people walked in during early morning hours, staff asked them to please not do it (implying to my friend that they do it quite often), they loaded up bags, and walked right out.

Offline Garsleat

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:56:42 PM »
I've heard about this happening before from someone who saw it firsthand at a store in the Bronx. 2 people walked in during early morning hours, staff asked them to please not do it (implying to my friend that they do it quite often), they loaded up bags, and walked right out.
This kind of rampant is all too often and the sad part is, nothing is done to stop these crimes.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:56:42 PM »