Author Topic: Contacting Jessica Ramos  (Read 986 times)

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
Contacting Jessica Ramos
« on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:26 AM »
Has anyone ever had success contacting Jessica Ramos's office? I've written to her office twice about important matters, asking specific questions, and didn't even get an acknowledgement, even when I followed up. I really do not appreciate the lack of responsiveness of local representatives.

This is one of the many things I really value about Danny Dromm -- his staff responds to constituents.

Offline mrleefromny

• Citizen
Re: Contacting Jessica Ramos
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:10:12 PM »
I emailed her about volunteering opportunities with food distribution. I never heard back.

Offline jhlifer

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 07:32:56 AM »
Over the summer I emailed all of our elected officials about sanitation issues along 37th Avenue, and other concerns owing to the pandemic.  The only one who NEVER responded was Ms. Ramos' office.

Don't know why.  Obviously way too busy doing other things than listening to the needs of her constituents.

Pathetic and sad.  We need new blood and primaries each election!  Choice matters.

Offline Hagop

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 12:32:57 PM »
I have contacted her office a couple of times and never got a response of any kind.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 05:32:40 PM »
Yes, I was in touch with Senator Ramos's office about unemployment benefits back in the spring, and her office was responsive. I don't think it helped much since the system was overwhelmed at the time, but I figured since she is the Chair of the Labor Committee, hearing from another constituent waiting weeks and weeks for PUA would be helpful.

Offline ClydeM

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »
Do not expect Ramos, Moya, Dromm, or the NCOs of the 115th Precinct to respond to "important issues," especially if these issues have to do with crime in the neighborhood. None of them really care. You can expect them to respond for an opportunity to take a feel good photo. That they will do.

If the important issue that you are talking about is ongoing, calling 311 relentlessly is probably the best course of action.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »