Author Topic: Vaccines Are Here!  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Minimal4me

• Council Member
Vaccines Are Here!
« on: January 07, 2021, 11:07:32 AM »
"We have thousands of appointments currently available," says the New York City health commissioner of vaccine appointments for those eligible.

Thousands!

To our beloved neighborhood restaurant folks, here are the places to get a vaccine, if you're eligible:

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccine-locations.page

Offline StevenGrey

• Council Member
Re: Vaccines Are Here!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
Please note that restaurant workers are NOT eligible for vaccination at this time. Do NOT make an appointment if you do not qualify.

Eligibility
The following groups are now eligible for vaccine:

Health Care Workers
• High-risk health care workers in hospitals and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), including NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) psychiatric centers
• High-risk health care workers who provide direct in-person care in outpatient/ambulatory settings and other staff in these settings who have direct contact with patients (such as reception staff); this group includes workers in private or hospital-affiliated medical practices, specialty medical practices, public health clinics, dental practices and diagnostic and treatment centers; phlebotomists; dialysis workers; occupational therapists; physical therapists; speech therapists; behavioral health workers; and student health workers
• Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel
• Urgent care providers
• Health care workers administering COVID-19 vaccines
• Health care workers in COVID-19 testing sites
• Home care workers and aides, hospice workers, personal care aides, and consumer-directed personal care workers.

Residents and Staff in Certain Group Living Facilities
• Long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, adult care facilities
• Long-term group living facilities run by NYS OMH, Office People with Developmental Disabilities, and Office of Addiction Services and Supports

Other Eligible Groups
• Medical examiners and coroners
• Funeral workers who have direct contact with infectious material and bodily fluids
• Frontline, high-risk public health workers who have direct contact with patients or handle COVID-19 specimens or vaccinations

Offline Minimal4me

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »
Oh, Thank you Steven. I didn't know that. And quite frankly, that sucks!

Please note that restaurant workers are NOT eligible for vaccination at this time. Do NOT make an appointment if you do not qualify.

Eligibility
The following groups are now eligible for vaccine:

Health Care Workers
• High-risk health care workers in hospitals and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), including NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) psychiatric centers
• High-risk health care workers who provide direct in-person care in outpatient/ambulatory settings and other staff in these settings who have direct contact with patients (such as reception staff); this group includes workers in private or hospital-affiliated medical practices, specialty medical practices, public health clinics, dental practices and diagnostic and treatment centers; phlebotomists; dialysis workers; occupational therapists; physical therapists; speech therapists; behavioral health workers; and student health workers
• Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel
• Urgent care providers
• Health care workers administering COVID-19 vaccines
• Health care workers in COVID-19 testing sites
• Home care workers and aides, hospice workers, personal care aides, and consumer-directed personal care workers.

Residents and Staff in Certain Group Living Facilities
• Long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, adult care facilities
• Long-term group living facilities run by NYS OMH, Office People with Developmental Disabilities, and Office of Addiction Services and Supports

Other Eligible Groups
• Medical examiners and coroners
• Funeral workers who have direct contact with infectious material and bodily fluids
• Frontline, high-risk public health workers who have direct contact with patients or handle COVID-19 specimens or vaccinations

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »
 Have you heard that some vaccines are being thrown away because they do not have enough eligible people available to vaccinate within the time frame that the open package of vaccines is good? On NPR today, there was talk of these being thrown out!! Could there be a wait list type of thing where you can get a last minute call that if you get here within say 30-60 minutes, you could get a vaccine that might otherwise be discarded? I would be there in a nano second.

Offline StevenGrey

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:18:35 PM »
Next Eligible Groups
The following groups will be eligible starting on Monday, January 11. These groups can start making vaccination appointments now for dates on or after January 11.

• Teachers and education workers
• First responders
• Public safety workers
• Public transit workers
People ages 75 and older

More groups will become eligible in the coming weeks.

Online jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 10:20:47 AM »
Next Eligible Groups
The following groups will be eligible starting on Monday, January 11. These groups can start making vaccination appointments now for dates on or after January 11.

• Teachers and education workers
• First responders
• Public safety workers
• Public transit workers
People ages 75 and older

More groups will become eligible in the coming weeks.

It is a total disgrace that the vaccine is being distributed without any urgency.  The seasonal flu shot is distributed better.   

Even the website is set up badly. You have to put in all of your information and then it tells you there are no available appointments. 

We need 24/7 distribution at many centers.  Act as if people are dying for it. 

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 11:54:29 AM »
Apparently this phase lasts 14 weeks.

3.5 months.

That takes us into May before others can be vaccinated.

Offline E train

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
There are no appointments in Jackson Heights until after the 24th of January although I have no idea whether it will continue to be difficult after that date. Why not make the system 24/7? The system seems to lack urgency and how people without a computer or computer skills will cope with it is anyone's guess.
One of my earliest memories is the smallpox scare in the 1940s when my mother took us (my brother and me)to Junction Blvd to the Health Station there-it still exists by the way-for our smallpox inoculation. No computer sign-ups, just a manageable wait on line. So unlike the present complexity.

Offline toque198

• Activist
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 11:55:16 PM »
Don't go back that far.

I remember, as a kid in the polio fifties, an ad in the local paper and hundreds were lined up at the Dept of Health Van.

No appointment, no forms, no payment, no insurance.

Just done.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 11:55:16 PM »