Author Topic: Fruita Dona (produce/natural store) clearance sale  (Read 860 times)

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Fruita Dona (produce/natural store) clearance sale
« on: October 30, 2020, 04:10:37 PM »
I'm not sure what's going on with Fruita Dona, the produce/natural store on 37th and 83rd on the south side of the street. This is not the Downtown Natural Market, but a different store that started off as a produce market and then expanded into some natural items. It's possible they might be closing.

In any case, if you're looking for some packaged products, they have some really good prices right now due to a 30% off clearance sale. I didn't really look at many specific items, but I did buy a Hu chocolate bar for $3.15, and those bars are $5.99 at another nearby place.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: Fruita Dona (produce/natural store) clearance sale
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 05:09:33 PM »
The current name of this place is Natural Farm Fresh, but it was Fruita Dona for a long time.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 05:27:51 PM »
i like this place, but haven't been for a bit. what makes you think they might be closing?

edit: i didn't see "clearance sale" at first, sorry.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 05:29:17 PM »
i like this place, but haven't been for a bit. what makes you think they might be closing?

There was a small sign on the wall that said "Store closing. 30% off clearance sale." But it was a really small sign and when I asked the cashier if they are really closing, she said she didn't know. So...not sure.

Offline frances

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 05:47:45 PM »
They're definitely closing. It's a shame--people who work there are lovely.

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »
I spoke to one of the managers and he said they are not closing.  They are just not going to be a "health" food store as there is too much competition with Downtown Market. If the store was in the 70's or on Northern it probably would have done well. Most probably it will be another vegetable market.  Too bad because I really like that store.  At least it is still in business.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »