Get Connected > Neighborhood Chat

Early voting starts today

(1/3) > >>

JHResident:
I went to vote today, but the line is around the block.

JHResident:
The line to vote at the library begins at the corner of 37th Av and 81st St and goes counter clockwise up 37th Ave, up 82nd St, down 35th Av and down 81st St.  I asked a woman at the front of the line and she said she had been waiting for one hour.  Some people had chairs, smart move if you can't stand on your feet for an hour.  Most people are wearing masks while waiting, but a few are taking them off to drink coffee or smoke.  One person had their dog, not a good idea.  Leave your dog home.  Some people had their children.  I usually think it's a good idea to bring your children to watch you vote, but you may need to consider whether they have the patience to wait an hour on line.

They're still time to request an absentee ballot, so you may want to consider.

ShinjukuBaby:
I went by this morning too and couldn't believe the line.  I will come back sometime in the coming week and hopefully it will be a little shorter.  If not, I'll go on election day and wait as long as it takes. 

Chingwa:
Does anyone know.... does one have to wait in this long line if they are just turning in an absentee ballot in-person?

dssjh:

--- Quote from: Chingwa on October 24, 2020, 01:52:52 PM ---Does anyone know.... does one have to wait in this long line if they are just turning in an absentee ballot in-person?

--- End quote ---

i was wondering that myself. i know that early voting sites are not necessarily the same as regular voting sites -- although i think mine has only moved from Renaissance School to the Libary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version