Author Topic: Sheriffs Bust Illicit Indoor Wedding in Queens With Nearly 300 Guests  (Read 731 times)

Offline lindsey

• Council Member
Just a few blocks from Jackson Heights on the other side of Roosevelt Avenue. Which is worse: the gender reveal megafire, or the wedding Covid super-cluster?

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/sheriffs-bust-illicit-indoor-wedding-in-queens-with-nearly-300-guests/2637694/

Online Garsleat

• Citizen
Re: Sheriffs Bust Illicit Indoor Wedding in Queens With Nearly 300 Guests
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 10:05:57 PM »
Why other countries' citizens can follow simple social rules, yet Americans are such defiant children? Following traditional customs over public health is very selfish and egocentric. There's always a bad seed that messes things up for everyone. That catering hall business should be shut down for the next 6 months.

Offline JHResident

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »
That catering hall business should be shut down for the next 6 months.
I think they probably have been shut down for the past 6 months. That might drive a business owner to desperation. I don't think there has been any assistance for these types of businesses, and I don't believe they have any of the eviction protections that individuals may have. I wonder how much longer any of these businesses can survive.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 02:21:31 PM »
That catering hall business should be shut down for the next 6 months.
I think they probably have been shut down for the past 6 months. That might drive a business owner to desperation. I don't think there has been any assistance for these types of businesses, and I don't believe they have any of the eviction protections that individuals may have. I wonder how much longer any of these businesses can survive.

I don't think this is their first illicit party. I read the following in a few places:

"The doors at Elite Palace remained locked on Saturday, but neighbors say they are not sure how long that will last - they say there have been large parties on the avenue for months."

https://abc7ny.com/queens-wedding-busted-woodside/6584429/

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 09:21:51 PM »
This is a little further away but still in Queens (Flushing).

NYC sheriff shuts down karaoke bar for COVID-19 violations

excerpt:
The city sheriff’s office pulled the plug on a Queens karaoke joint after catching nearly 200 people partying early Sunday morning, authorities said.

Deputies arrived at Home Run KTV on Kissena Boulevard in Flushing just after midnight to find approximately 192 people reveling in the facility’s karaoke rooms, in violation of the city’s coronavirus laws.

Inside authorities found patrons boozing, smoking, not wearing masks and not maintaining safe social distance, the city said.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 09:21:51 PM »