Author Topic: Resilience in JH  (Read 284 times)

Offline fillmorep

• Citizen
Resilience in JH
« on: September 23, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »

Nice to see the neighborhood featured in today's paper! It is absolutely true that the change from the ghost town of six months ago to the lively street scene
today is a marvel. So is the contribution of our immigrant neighbors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/nyregion/new-york-city-coronavirus-six-months.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Resilience in JH
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 09:23:18 AM »
it is great to see, and happy to see people taking notice. my office is in Tribeca, and we're still officially barred from working in-house (until Jan. 1), but we can make an appointment to go in for short visits to get/do things. that area is still very barren and closed up.

Offline KGDHP

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:44:24 AM »
I have to say, this article did make me a little emotional. I really am so proud and so grateful for this community. I went out to dinner in Manhattan last night for the first time and it was such a stark and bleak contrast to the vibrancy and life I see every day in this neighborhood.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »
This pandemic has shown us how important open space is.

In Manhattan, the streets may be quiet (apart from outdoor designated restaurant streets)... but Central Park, Riverside Park etc are full and buzzing.

And for us, 34th Ave is crucial for our otherwise limited outdoor recreation.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »