Author Topic: Ordering directly from restaurants  (Read 453 times)

Offline r

• Citizen
Ordering directly from restaurants
« on: August 21, 2020, 05:02:30 PM »
There has been a lot of advice not to use Seamless, Uber Eats, etc to order food because they charge restaurants high fees.

But often when ordering from a restaurant over the phone, the only option is to pay cash.

Are there any restaurants which make it easy to pay with credit cards? E.g. where you can pay the restaurant online instead of paying Seamless?

Online dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Ordering directly from restaurants
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »
almost all restaurants that accept cards in-house also do so for delivery. if they're cash only to sit down or pick up, no cards for delivery. i've never had an exception to that rule.

Offline ljr

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:52:17 PM »
It's true that no-contact delivery is the big advantage of Seamless and the other services. Some places have tried to set up their own systems, but sometimes those systems just don't work well. Had that experience I with Romeo's--I tried to use their onlinw ordering/delivery service that was listed on their website, but it simply didn't work, and I wound up calling and ordering by phone and then picking the food up. The incentive to use a Seamless type of service is strong in this situation--it's so much easier and safer. I think Ricky's has their own app for ordering, and I think that one works well. Not sure about others.

Offline Ms. Jackson

• Activist
  • I am for real
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »
K & L has their own site for ordering: https://www.kldeli76.com/

Offline r

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
Thanks! Didn't realize K & L had their own site, we had been using Seamless.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »