Get Connected > Neighborhood Chat

34th Avenue street closure permanently (NOT)

(1/23) > >>

Bel84:
For those who think closing 34th Avenue permanently to traffic is a fantastic idea I ask you to please consider what this will do to traffic on 35th Avenue. It will create a nightmare for people walking, driving and trying to park on this residential avenue. In addition,  it will make it slower for the Q49 bus to travel, you know the bus line we were all trying to save months ago. I'm all for keeping 34th closed as long as COVID keeps people out of school and work and the weather is nice but seriously,  everyone is going to go back at some point, the weather will turn colder, the street will be emptier and 35th Avenue will be swamped. Please don't sign petition to keep it open. It's a nice fantasy, let's keep it that way.

lalochezia:
Closures like these should be part of an integrated transport planning process.

It's legit if a proposal to close a street has mitigation factors worked in. 

The outcomes you suggest are not inevitable if closures are conducted in that way. 

abcdefghijk:

--- Quote from: Bel84 on August 17, 2020, 08:22:28 AM ---For those who think closing 34th Avenue permanently to traffic is a fantastic idea I ask you to please consider what this will do to traffic on 35th Avenue. It will create a nightmare for people walking, driving and trying to park on this residential avenue. In addition,  it will make it slower for the Q49 bus to travel, you know the bus line we were all trying to save months ago. I'm all for keeping 34th closed as long as COVID keeps people out of school and work and the weather is nice but seriously,  everyone is going to go back at some point, the weather will turn colder, the street will be emptier and 35th Avenue will be swamped. Please don't sign petition to keep it open. It's a nice fantasy, let's keep it that way.

--- End quote ---

I disagree. This neighborhood lacks open space for us.  I choose pedestrians over cars.

Bel84:
I choose pedestrians over cars too. And I live on 35th Avenue. Not interested in the street outside my apartment becoming
clogged with the noise & pollution of more cars so the people on 34th Avenue can play. Can you move the cars to another avenue altogether Mayor?

r:
If the closures on 37 and 34 become permanent then they would need to remove all parking from 35. The traffic on 35 is insane now, and idiots keep double parking making it even worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version