Author Topic: Shrieking Greystone Children  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Ms. Jackson

• Activist
  • I am for real
Re: Shrieking Greystone Children
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 03:48:33 PM »
I am really anti-leaf blowing. It is unbearable. And, some people don't stop when you walk by on the sidewalk!

Shrieking kids I can stand (for a little while at least), but non-stop leaf-blowing all day yesterday had me ready to go out and crack some skulls.

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: Today at 02:49:10 PM »
Greystone garden today,  What’s more offensive to your ears realitycookie?
45 minutes of children laughing
Or
5 hours straight of construction

Offline twmeb

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:27:25 PM »
Greystone garden today,  What’s more offensive to your ears realitycookie?
45 minutes of children laughing
Or
5 hours straight of construction

Here's a thought: two (2) different sources of noise can be annoying. Several people have posted on this topic like it's an either/or situation. "Well, I'd rather hear kids screaming than airplanes, leaf blowers, construction, etc."  Some people don't mind the sounds of children screaming; some people do. 

And this is an unfair comparison, 80JHer. The original poster, realitycookie, did not say it was 45 minutes of children laughing. He/she said it was "shrieking", and as several people have acknowledged, there is a difference between the sounds created by lighthearted children's play, and the noise created when kids get too loud and they are screaming and shrieking. Also, nowhere was it stated that it was 45 minutes. For all you know, it could have been several hours. (I know I have witnessed 3+ hours of kids screaming, and it was very disruptive). Presumably, the construction work on the building is a necessary project and, by its very nature, it can't be done elsewhere. Parents can, and should, take kids to Travers Park for loud play activities.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:27:25 PM »