Author Topic: JH needs local leadership  (Read 1631 times)

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
Re: JH needs local leadership
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »
^I guess people making that complaint somehow didn't notice the epidemic that has swept the country, disrupted the economy, driven down tax revenue, and totally gutted city, state and federal budgets. I envy that ability to live in a worry-free bubble.

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »
So the concern is that your streets are dirty not that there are human beings living in the streets. got it got it.

Offline ClydeM

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 05:53:17 PM »
The entire situation seems to be getting worse since the first post was made, and we can add a noticeable spike in crime as well. Our local officials are basically useless. Danny Dromm will at least respond and then do nothing, but if you are unfortunate enough to live in Moya's district, good luck to you. He can't be bothered unless it involves some sort of feel good photo op.

Offline jasonic

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 10:20:55 PM »
Also what’s the deal with the late night explosion fireworks.

Those that aren’t noticing it’s getting worse here aren’t paying attention. Those that are telling those that are complaining about it to become “Leaders” and do something. Give me a break.

Offline Beherenow

• Citizen
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 08:28:50 PM »
^I guess people making that complaint somehow didn't notice the epidemic that has swept the country, disrupted the economy, driven down tax revenue, and totally gutted city, state and federal budgets. I envy that ability to live in a worry-free bubble.

Thanks, Captain Flannel.  People in this community are calling for more funding to help re-open schools, more COVID 19 testing, more garbage pick-up, public toilets,  more affordable housing, more this, more that,...I don't disagree with any of it, but marvel at their ability to blithely ignore the crippled financial condition of this city, state and country.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:43:37 PM by Beherenow »

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 08:28:50 PM »