Author Topic: Put your money....  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Liz

• Council Member
Put your money....
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:33:33 AM »
I've been trying to give as much business as possible to smaller local businesses in these hard times, and I know others have been doing the same. Because I don't want these places to go out of business, but this is also a political time. I recently found out some of the larger businesses that support Trump - there are several sites on line.  Locally Taco Bell, Blink, CVS, New Balance, and Home Depot all have higher ups that support Trump through their profits.  There are many more, good to do a little research, so you are aware of where your money is going.

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
Re: Put your money....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »
Estee Lauder, Home Depot, CVS, Facebook, Airbnb, Taco Bell, and thousands of others. Good luck not spending money there for the next five years. I say yes do your research, and shop at the stores that support Trump Otherwise what’s going on today will be the new normal.

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
Estee Lauder, Home Depot, CVS, Facebook, Airbnb, Taco Bell, and thousands of others. Good luck not spending money there for the next five years. I say yes do your research, and shop at the stores that support Trump Otherwise what’s going on today will be the new normal.

The world disagrees. It will not survive Trump's criminal incompetence. Good thing he's got money from daddy -- he wouldn't last a day at a regular job.

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
Criminal incompetence? The Obama and Clinton administration are the real criminals, which is finally being exposed. And the world does not agree.  Where are you getting that information, CNN?. He will win in a landslide. And better he gets his money from daddy, than the Democrats get theirs from China

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 10:25:04 AM »

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:28:34 AM »
The Clintons and Obamas are criminals. They are being brought to justice even as we speak.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
The Clintons and Obamas are criminals. They are being brought to justice even as we speak.

At this time, when we have such turmoil brought about by systemic and individual discrimination and criminality which is causing so many people physical and emotional pain -- and death -- your remarks, in my opinion, are most unwelcome and show serious mental illness on your part.  The only other excuse I can see for your insensitivity is that you are 12 years old.

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 10:43:46 AM »
There is something wrong with you I think

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 10:45:16 AM »
Where are all the vocal supporters of the now debunked collusion delusion. I don’t hear anybody speaking out about that and all the criminal activity that went along with it.

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »
Trump is having a news conference right now. I think a lot of people should be watching this

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »
Trump is having a news conference right now. I think a lot of people should be watching this

i am. i think he just said George Floyd endorsed him, and took credit for the fact that no one has died of COVID-19 on his watch.

that's what he said. remember, don't believe your ears and eyes.

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 12:19:08 PM »
I don’t think you had your listening ears on

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 02:12:04 PM »
If it's a big, publicly traded company, there's a really good chance at least one of the senior executives is a Trump supporter. It makes more sense to focus companies that are privately owned.

Wasn't that the deal with Soul Cycle and why people were kind of horrified to realize they were patronizing a business that put money directly in the pocket of someone who was a Trump donor?

Offline Liz

• Council Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
I think some of the big businesses are worse than others and I was pretty stunned by a few on the list.  Whatever your politics, it's good to know who you are supporting with your purchases.  Our spending money is one of our biggest votes. 

Offline jhhw

• Tourist
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 03:07:29 PM »
I appreciate this list. Thank you!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 03:07:29 PM »