Author Topic: TD Bank  (Read 1359 times)

Offline hagsrus

• Council Member
TD Bank
« on: May 04, 2020, 12:29:39 PM »
Does anyone have any word when the branch on 37th might reopen? I asked by email a few days ago but haven't had any response except a generic acknowledgment.

Offline dotley

• Council Member
Re: TD Bank
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:47:23 PM »
I requested that a security guard be at the 74 st branch because people are not following social distancing at the ATM machines. I spoke to security when I went to the 70 st branch. They have walk through window service. No idea when they will open

Offline hagsrus

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 12:23:41 AM »
Thanks!

Are there long lines at 70th?

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 06:36:03 PM »
The line was about 20 people. Always looks long because of social distancing and it was on the weekend so probably busier

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 08:51:36 AM »
Unfortunately TD chose not to put any security at the 74 street location
Not even a sign or disabling two of the machines. I will be changing banks when this crisis resolves. I think they are being very irresponsible

Offline temujin

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »
Do they have mobile app now for check deposit. I used to have TD Bank long time ago, I switch them because they are so outdated. If you need cash, most bank are waiving the fee if you use other bank's ATM or if you have certain account that waive all the fee, but check with them. I been using some local bank along 37th ave, since those are always empty compare to other big bank in our neighborhood.

Offline StevenGrey

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »
I don't blame them for keeping all four ATM machines in operation. ATMs run out of money and/or malfunction, and since this is the only method of banking at this branch, it's better to have all four machines running. It's up to customers to socially distance. But I think it's rather silly to worry about not having six feet of space when simply touching the ATM itself probably exposes you to more germs.

Unfortunately TD chose not to put any security at the 74 street location
Not even a sign or disabling two of the machines. I will be changing banks when this crisis resolves. I think they are being very irresponsible

Offline JHResident

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 11:39:05 PM »
But I think it's rather silly to worry about not having six feet of space when simply touching the ATM itself probably exposes you to more germs.
While ATMs in general are loaded with germs, it's not every germ we're currently avoiding. Covid-19 virus is most infectious in droplets spread by sneezing and coughing and less so by touching things. If you see someone using the ATM, you're better off coming back when it's empty. Or better yet, stop using cash.

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 08:42:03 PM »
Just as a point of information HSBC has installed a plexiglass divider between their ATM's and has a sign on the door reminding people about social distancing.  Apple Bank now has a security guard sitting in the ATM lobby monitoring customers.  And still TD Bank has done nothing.  Today I went there and people were just piling in.   

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
HSBC, sadly, is closing at the end of this coming week. i've been banking there for 20 years and it's bumming me out. there's a branch on Junction, but they're consolidating this one with one at 51-20 Roosevelt for some reason.

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »
The HSBC on Junction Blvd is closing also.

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 04:55:05 PM »
Just as a point of information HSBC has installed a plexiglass divider between their ATM's and has a sign on the door reminding people about social distancing.  Apple Bank now has a security guard sitting in the ATM lobby monitoring customers.  And still TD Bank has done nothing.  Today I went there and people were just piling in.

The HSBC ATMs have had the plexiglass divider for a while, way before covid.

HSBC, sadly, is closing at the end of this coming week. i've been banking there for 20 years and it's bumming me out. there's a branch on Junction, but they're consolidating this one with one at 51-20 Roosevelt for some reason.

@dssjh -- I switched from HSBC after many years, and opened an account with Schwab. They cover ATM fees, so you can use any ATM at no cost. Might be worth looking into, depending on your banking needs and priorities.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 04:55:05 PM »