Author Topic: Unbelievable: ice cream truck aka COVIDmobile  (Read 1007 times)

Offline lindsey

• Activist
Unbelievable: ice cream truck aka COVIDmobile
« on: April 27, 2020, 08:20:27 PM »
I thought maybe I was hallucinating when I heard the "Pop Goes the Weasle" jingle this evening. But no, I just observed an ice cream truck pull up to the curb outside my building. The guy inside handed a soft serve to a lady on the sidewalk. She handed him a bill, he handed her change. Neither was wearing a mask. No gloves. The f* is going on? How can people be so stupid and callous?

Offline Cookie0121

• Resident
Re: Unbelievable: ice cream truck aka COVIDmobile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 08:40:37 PM »
I hate that truck. I am on the sixth floor and I can hear that stupid song crystal clear. And then he sits in one spot for 20 mins. I have a fantasy of shooting an arrow at the speaker on his truck.

Offline ClydeM

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:47:07 PM »
The f* is going on? How can people be so stupid and callous?

You live in Jackson Heights and you ask this question? It really shouldn't be much of a mystery.

Offline sl

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 08:58:31 PM »

You live in Jackson Heights and you ask this question? It really shouldn't be much of a mystery.

Ah dude, you going to get so much hate for saying that.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »
sounds like we have a lot of future Sullivan County residents here.

and yes, masks should have been worn. but serving ice cream? we have 84 restaurants handing food to people on sidewalks, so who cares?

Offline lindsey

• Activist
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 09:29:43 PM »

Nah, that's not it. What I've seen in Jackson Heights is people making an effort to stay safe and take care of their neighbors. Maybe that's why it's so jarring to see someone who clearly doesn't care that he could be spreading a deadly disease.
And no, it's not the same as the restaurants that are still open for takeout and delivery. They're taking precautions. They're not handling money and handing out food with their bare hands.
Oh well, nothing to do but call it in and keep on trying our best. Stay safe everyone.

Offline JHResident

• Activist
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 09:42:06 PM »
A soft-serve truck has been planted in front of Travers Park all week. Doesn't seem that much different than a Carvel store serving takeout to me, but I'm not getting close enough to check their hygienic precautions.

Offline Yankswun98

• Resident
  • Lived here since: 2019
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 03:58:42 PM »
The truck is so annoying!  As I am typing he is on 71st.  Does the city have laws/rules in place with music from trucks?  It has been on 71st for over 15 minutes with the music blaring.

Offline r

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 05:16:02 PM »
A soft-serve truck has been planted in front of Travers Park all week. Doesn't seem that much different than a Carvel store serving takeout to me, but I'm not getting close enough to check their hygienic precautions.

A Carvel store doesn't have wheels. It can't get infected with coronavirus and then drive coronavirus around.

Offline buzz

• Activist
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 05:45:42 PM »
I live on 37th Ave and yes it is annoying because they  keep the jingle going.  At the other end people have no problem buying from the person.  I figure with a few more million deaths the rents have to come down.

Offline Benoit

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »
I don’t think a carvel truck can get coronavirus. Your elected officials deemed it essential.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 06:56:09 PM »
I don’t think a carvel truck can get coronavirus. Your elected officials deemed it essential.

Carvel doesn't have trucks. never has.

Offline jasonic

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »
I live on 37th Ave and yes it is annoying because they  keep the jingle going.  At the other end people have no problem buying from the person.  I figure with a few more million deaths the rents have to come down.

Hyperbole much? Jeez

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 07:29:28 PM »