Author Topic: Foodtown discount policy  (Read 1286 times)

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Foodtown discount policy
« on: March 22, 2020, 12:16:26 PM »
They've eliminated their "club card" discount for the time being, so everything is full price (all sale signs have been pulled down as a result). not a huge deal, but i really hope they continue offer the senior discount for older folks, who really need the help at this time.

Online Grabey

• Activist
Re: Foodtown discount policy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 10:44:00 PM »
Ehhhh...this is problematic and frankly a gross practice for them to engage in considering how much extra business they've had. I often stock up when things are on sale ($5/5 pasta!) because the regular prices are kind of ridiculous compared to Target or Costco.

Offline StevenGrey

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:11:21 PM »
Just an FYI that our local Foodtown is cutting back their hours as follows:

Monday thru Saturday: 7am to 8pm
Sunday: 8am to 6pm
Senior Hours: the first hour and a half each day

https://files.constantcontact.com/05d0b699601/07d2869e-2e2b-4e62-852a-b221a5e070c2.png

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:31 PM »
I'm a senior and I went shopping this morning at 7:20.  No one outside on line.  The few customer inside were mostly seniors.  I was on line just 5 minutes. 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 07:45:52 PM »
encouraging that they're taking care to make sure seniors are the only ones shopping during those hours.

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 07:57:26 AM »
I arrived this morning at 7:05 thinking that I would immediately enter the store with few shoppers like I did two previous mornings.  I was wrong.  The line was past the entrance to the JCC half way up 77th St.  I would estimate 35 on line.  With masks on there's no way telling if they were all seniors.  I went to Food Dynasty and they were closed. 

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 08:46:18 AM »
 Many people got their checks yesterday...

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
the line at Foodtown was all the way to Roosevelt when i shopped yesterday, thinking Tuesday was the best shot, but forgetting it was the first of the month. that line moved pretty efficiently, but they really "relaxed" the rule about how many people can be in at a time.

when i finished my shopping, the single line feeding the three cashiers started at the head of aisle seven (the one with coffee, juices and baby stuff), wrapped around the back of the store and halfway up aisle ten (the frozen foods). since there were a couple of must-buys, i hung in there. for the record, Foodtown's employees were doing pretty great jobs across the board.

Food Dynasty doesn't open until 8 a.m. these days.

Offline Beherenow

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »
the line at Foodtown was all the way to Roosevelt when i shopped yesterday, thinking Tuesday was the best shot, but forgetting it was the first of the month. that line moved pretty efficiently, but they really "relaxed" the rule about how many people can be in at a time.

when i finished my shopping, the single line feeding the three cashiers started at the head of aisle seven (the one with coffee, juices and baby stuff), wrapped around the back of the store and halfway up aisle ten (the frozen foods). since there were a couple of must-buys, i hung in there. for the record, Foodtown's employees were doing pretty great jobs across the board.

What time of day was this?  Would you mind sharing?

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 10:26:16 AM »

What time of day was this?  Would you mind sharing?

this was at about 10:45 AM. (for getting on the outdoor line). everyone was courteous, both customers and employees, but it was still jarring. and it was odd to see that many people shopping at once. maybe it was just to alleviate the outside line, but still made it hard to abide by the distancing rules.

Offline DijoninJH

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 08:06:48 AM »
Has anyone tried their pickup/delivery options?

I have pickup order for Saturday, and not sure how that works, whether they have one line or two.

Thanks

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 08:06:48 AM »