Author Topic: Supplies  (Read 689 times)

Offline s

• Tourist
Supplies
« on: March 22, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »
I've been too paranoid to go out and search for items and then have to go to multiple stores to find them due to lack of supply. Does anyone know if any stores have been restocking the following items and what time I should go before they usually sell out?

Hand sanitizer
Clorox/any disinfectant wipes
Paper towels

I live in the 80's closer to Northern Blvd. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Supplies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 12:14:44 PM »
hand sanitizer seems to be completely absent from shelves. i've seen a few cartons of wipes at the smaller stores - Frank's, and the dollar store that remains open on the block between 78th and 79th - and paper towels seem to be back in stock (i got a six pack of Scott's for five bucks at Duane Reade yesterday).

Offline s

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:32:37 PM »
hand sanitizer seems to be completely absent from shelves. i've seen a few cartons of wipes at the smaller stores - Frank's, and the dollar store that remains open on the block between 78th and 79th - and paper towels seem to be back in stock (i got a six pack of Scott's for five bucks at Duane Reade yesterday).

Awesome, thank you!

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »
The Dollar Store opposite the post office will remain open apparently. For the moment, anyway...

Offline jenniferc73

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 2019
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »
I saw a recipe for making reusable disinfectant wipes:

1. Sanitize a glass jar and fill it with cloths or rags
2. Mix 3 cups water, 3/4 cups rubbing alcohol, 6 tsp dish soap (can add 10 drops of essential oil if you have it)
3. Pour mixture over cloths. Once you've used them all wash and repeat.

Online jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 05:18:55 PM »
I saw a recipe for making reusable disinfectant wipes:

1. Sanitize a glass jar and fill it with cloths or rags
2. Mix 3 cups water, 3/4 cups rubbing alcohol, 6 tsp dish soap (can add 10 drops of essential oil if you have it)
3. Pour mixture over cloths. Once you've used them all wash and repeat.

I do not see how such a low concentration of alcohol would disinfect the coronavirus.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 05:18:55 PM »