Author Topic: What is going into the former El Rico Tinto space?  (Read 1456 times)

Online ljr

• Mayor
What is going into the former El Rico Tinto space?
« on: March 02, 2020, 10:44:18 PM »
There is work being done in there--I peeked in tonight around 9 and workers were in there.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: What is going into the former El Rico Tinto space?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 11:14:06 PM »
I read on Facebook it will be a taekwondo place for kids. I suppose that could just be a rumor but didn't sound like it.

Offline Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 11:27:32 PM »
That sounds really great, and daring. I hope it’s true. 

Online ljr

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »
Puts the lie to the theory posted elsewhere here that the landlord is not renewing leases and is going to sell the building, which will then be torn down and replaced with a high rise.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 08:59:09 AM »
Puts the lie to the theory posted elsewhere here that the landlord is not renewing leases and is going to sell the building, which will then be torn down and replaced with a high rise.

Hey, not necessarily. Month by month leases are really common when the landlord wants to sell the building.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 10:01:23 AM »
 And just as a FYI, El Rico Tinto is alive and well operating on Northern Blvd between 73rd and 74th streets. The food is excellent and it's still in the hidden gem category with it not being that crowded usually. Also they do a wonderful takeout service with lots of care given to the packaging so the food tastes delicious whether eaten there or elsewhere.

Offline BEB

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 11:21:43 AM »
Itsit: Can you please encourage El Rico Tinto to open earlier on weekends? We've gone a few times for breakfast/brunch and they haven't been open. Does anyone know their hours of operation on weekends? I miss their food so much!

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »
 We have never gone for breakfast and I don't personally know the owners but will ask on the next visit what their morning hours are.

Offline mkn567

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 01:00:38 AM »
I peeked in as well. I saw a sign on the floor that said Kick Boxing with an accompanying graphic of a lady in workout attire kicking. I'm thinking it is going to be more workout oriented as opposed to kick-your-head-off oriented.

Offline ellenpratt

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
The new El Rico on Northern looks really nice but they didn't keep their bakery operation. Broke my heart a little bit because they used to have a cheese bread loaf with the cheese rolled in the middle that I was addicted to.

Online ljr

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 07:28:40 PM »
I feel sorry for the people that opened the Tae Kwan Do (spelling?) studio in that space. They had a grand opening maybe a week or so ago--and now this. I think that grand opening was the one and only day it was open. It's so sad.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 07:28:40 PM »