Author Topic: Subway Accident at 74th Roosevelt  (Read 688 times)

Offline itsit

• Mayor
Subway Accident at 74th Roosevelt
« on: February 20, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
 Anyone know more about a subway accident this morning at 74th/Roosevelt station? Seems like its a regular thing now to have incidents here and huge subway delays in the AM.

Online dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Subway Accident at 74th Roosevelt
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 12:50:32 PM »
someone jumped or fell in front of a 7 train, according to the announcement on the extra crowded E/F/M/R platform while i was waiting.

Online KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 01:04:53 PM »
someone jumped or fell in front of a 7 train, according to the announcement on the extra crowded E/F/M/R platform while i was waiting.

It was a pretty gruesome scene (I was on the train that hit said person). I was unclear if the person fell or jumped, but that person was on the tracks and hit by the train. They evacuated us and I will just say that there was blood everywhere, including on the platform and dripping down the stairs. It was horrifying...I am still a little shaken up by it.  I was 2 cars down from where it happened.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:12:05 PM »
 :(

Online dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »
that's a horrifying experience. i've seen the aftermath of such an incident, too. just once, and 20 years ago, but it's not something you readily forget. so sad and tragic.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 01:46:43 PM »
 Oh man. That's awful for the person who either had an accident or the intention of jumping onto the tracks. A terrible situation if its the latte. And then there is the conductor who I have read suffer trauma also as they do not intend to cause this harm. Very, very sad.

Offline lindsey

• Activist
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »
The person hit by the train this morning was apparently trying to retrieve a phone--he survived, miraculously. This is a reminder to listen to your mom and never, ever go on the tracks for any reason.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-cellphone-tracks-subway-train-survives-20200220-mrsxfupjdre6fgcqjpwzrfbkue-story.html#nt=oft-Double%20Chain~Feed-Driven%20Flex%20Feature~~sub-topic-feed-5~~1~yes-art~automated~automatedpage

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »