Author Topic: Considering moving to Jackson Heights, looking for insight  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
Re: Considering moving to Jackson Heights, looking for insight
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 08:01:17 AM »
I think the stock for singles has gotten considerably better in the last few years as many people have been priced out of other "cooler" neighborhoods. I have a few friends that have moved to the area and they are pretty hot! The 74th st hub is excellent.

I wouldn't care about the gardens bc you generally wouldn't even use it. Something to think about might be traffic on apartments on the streetside, but that might be choosy of you.

I am on 73rd, north of 35th. Sometimes the traffic is annoying but it's not something to move over. I LOVE how quick it is to get on the train. I Love the choice of supermarkets and the different enclaves, especially Elmhurst. I love Elmhurst. Astoria is pretty lame but I do get jealous on how busy the restaurants are there, how much participation non-families have in that area. JH is excellent for families. I was a single here 12 years ago and I admit it was definitely difficult but now it's better.

Offline Di_11372

• Activist
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
 I would not recommend young & single individuals to move to JH. But, there are exceptions to every rule, are you a homebody? very independent? Are you a pet owner? then maybe you could give it a try.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »
Look, think of Jax Heights as a millions times more convenient and interesting and urban place than living in Long Island or New Jersey.

The prices here for rent/buying are less than the very hip Brooklyn/Manhattan/Astoria places.  (They used to be MUCH, MUCH cheaper). But you definitely get more bang for your buck with apartments.

You'll be mostly traveling by subway to see your pals/go out.  Your pals will come here once or twice a year maybe for momos.

And if you're nearer the 74th st hub...the traveling by express subway is either a half or a podcast away for where you always need to go.

So it's a cinch, really. 

Offline BOT

• Tourist
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 01:44:32 PM »
I think the stock for singles has gotten considerably better in the last few years as many people have been priced out of other "cooler" neighborhoods. I have a few friends that have moved to the area and they are pretty hot! The 74th st hub is excellent.

I wouldn't care about the gardens bc you generally wouldn't even use it. Something to think about might be traffic on apartments on the streetside, but that might be choosy of you.

I am on 73rd, north of 35th. Sometimes the traffic is annoying but it's not something to move over. I LOVE how quick it is to get on the train. I Love the choice of supermarkets and the different enclaves, especially Elmhurst. I love Elmhurst. Astoria is pretty lame but I do get jealous on how busy the restaurants are there, how much participation non-families have in that area. JH is excellent for families. I was a single here 12 years ago and I admit it was definitely difficult but now it's better.

I live in a garden apartment and the biggest benefit is that all our bedrooms face the garden, makes it so very quiet as oppose to facing the streets. I live on 2nd floor and in my living room faces the street and u can can almost heard everything.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 01:44:32 PM »