Author Topic: F*** The Police 3 -- Rush Hour, Grand Central Terminal  (Read 890 times)

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
F*** The Police 3 -- Rush Hour, Grand Central Terminal
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
Be careful traveling to Queens tonight. Another protest against fares, the MTA, and cops is scheduled for 5-p.m.-or-so this evening in Grand Central and other locations.

As an alternative, the Q32 travels through midtown along Madison Avenue and will bring you to the heart of Jackson Heights.

Offline JHALUM

• Citizen
Re: F*** The Police 3 -- Rush Hour, Grand Central Terminal
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 11:12:22 PM »
It is disgraceful that some people think it is OK to vandalize  public property that most New Yorkers use and pay for.  I am recently retired and pay almost $1,200 a month for my health insurance since I am not eligible for Medicare yet and   yet I don't think I should be able to storm the hospital/medical providers and demand free healthcare.  I would also like to be able to afford to eat out more should I be able to go into JH restaurants and be able to demand free food and drink?  Anybody who vandalizes public property should be arrested and  spend at least a few days in jail.  If there is no penalty what is going to prevent people from  vandalizing property?

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:23:46 AM »
It is disgraceful that some people think it is OK to vandalize  public property that most New Yorkers use and pay for.  I am recently retired and pay almost $1,200 a month for my health insurance since I am not eligible for Medicare yet and   yet I don't think I should be able to storm the hospital/medical providers and demand free healthcare.  I would also like to be able to afford to eat out more should I be able to go into JH restaurants and be able to demand free food and drink?  Anybody who vandalizes public property should be arrested and  spend at least a few days in jail.  If there is no penalty what is going to prevent people from  vandalizing property?

whats to prevent them from increasing your healthcare premiums while decreasing service?

Offline JHALUM

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »

whats to prevent them from increasing your healthcare premiums while decreasing service?

Nothing.  What  can prevent a restaurant from increasing its prices and decreasing its portion size?  The same thing - nothing.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 03:40:05 PM »
It is disgraceful that some people think it is OK to vandalize  public property that most New Yorkers use and pay for.

Who vandalized what?

Anybody who vandalizes public property should be arrested and  spend at least a few days in jail.  If there is no penalty what is going to prevent people from  vandalizing property?

I see now, some protesters acted like hooligans.  I'm pretty sure it's already illegal to destroy property, which is why some people got arrested. It sounds like you're upset that the police weren't able to arrest everyone who vandalized MTA property, yes?
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/01/31/anti-police-protest/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:45:21 PM by CaptainFlannel »

Offline JHALUM

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »
It is disgraceful that some people think it is OK to vandalize  public property that most New Yorkers use and pay for.

Who vandalized what?

Anybody who vandalizes public property should be arrested and  spend at least a few days in jail.  If there is no penalty what is going to prevent people from  vandalizing property?

I see now, some protesters acted like hooligans.  I'm pretty sure it's already illegal to destroy property, which is why some people got arrested. It sounds like you're upset that the police weren't able to arrest everyone who vandalized MTA property, yes?
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/01/31/anti-police-protest/

I would prefer that everyone who committed vandalism be arrested and suffer some type of penalty  but I know that is not possible.  It bothers me that people can't protest civilly without destroying property and inconveniencing other people.  I'm not against  people protesting but I don't understand the need for the destruction of property.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »
the founding fathers might disagree. see: Tea Party, Boston.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »