Author Topic: Where can I buy a loaf of olive bread with French bread crunch?  (Read 678 times)

Offline Suzaan

• Resident
    • My publications
Where can I buy a loaf of olive bread with French bread crunch?
« on: January 26, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »
If you enjoy olive bread that has a good French bread crunch and have a favorite place to buy it, please let me know. Got loaves at Reading Mkt in Philly and in DC now want to find it locally.  Cannelle's has it but is out of it today, Farine doesn't have it.  Actually, maybe I'll stroll over to the Farmer's Mkt, but where else locally or in Manhattan?

Thank you.

Offline Suzaan

• Resident
    • My publications
Re: Where can I buy a loaf of olive bread with French bread crunch?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:31:15 PM »
Back from Farmer's Mkt  Of the three booths selling bread, none make olive.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:14:36 PM »
Little Wildbranch, the local bakery that sells at the Queensboro (and sometimes at Stand Alone) makes an olive bread, i believe.

Offline Davey

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »
While not in Jax Hts, I often see olive bread at Addeo Bakery in the Bronx, near the Arthur Avenue "Little Italy" neighborhood.   https://www.addeobakers.com/

It's excellent.  I believe Terranova Bakery on E 187th St also makes olive bread. 

I live on 79th Street in Jackson Heights and drive to Arthur Avenue every couple of weeks.  Shall I post on this thread the next time I go so you can place an order?  Happy to help you procure your beloved olive bread.

Dave

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »