Author Topic: Most curious about  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
Most curious about
« on: January 21, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »
Where in the neighborhood are you most curious about?

For me, it would be Amore. It looks so homey and from a different time or place. It's probably not the most amazing food, it just looks interesting.

Offline Dudley

• Activist
Re: Most curious about
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 01:19:01 PM »
That Valentine's Day themed restaurant next to Elmhurst Hotel and Pollos Mario on 81st street near Roosevelt Avenue.

Picanteria El Austro on 83rd between 37th and Roosevelt. I've never been in, despite years of wanting to check it out. How can it be so small yet need so many girls to work there?  :o

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 01:46:31 PM »
Those theee dudes on Roosevelt and 79th.  What exactly is back Behind that driveway next to kitchen 79.  The sheer number of dudes coming and going all day, can’t be prostitution, too quick of a turnaround.  Drugs? 

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »
That Valentine's Day themed restaurant next to Elmhurst Hotel and Pollos Mario on 81st street near Roosevelt Avenue.

Picanteria El Austro on 83rd between 37th and Roosevelt. I've never been in, despite years of wanting to check it out. How can it be so small yet need so many girls to work there?  :o

El Austro is excellent! I have only been there 3 times but the food is always super good.

Is that Valentines place open yet???

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »
I still haven't managed to try La Esquina. https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-esquina-del-camaron-mexicano-jackson-heights

oh, please do! the mixto is the best if you like octopus, but the shrimp alone is very good if you don't. i get spicy because that's my thing, but the regular is just terrific, too.

Offline Miss Chatelaine

• Activist
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 03:31:40 PM »
I'm curious about the Tibetan-Japanese place on 37th near 76th Street.

Offline Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 04:33:43 PM »
I guess the homey look didn’t make it. They are closed for renovations

Offline antparty

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »
I've also always been curious about Picanteria El Austro! Not curious enough to venture in and eat, but it seems like it could be a good bar.

The King of Taco, Satori Burger and Gilda's on that one random commercial strip on 31st Ave and 91st Street. The King of Taco seems like the most promising, but it is an intimidating stretch of road.

The Fair Theatre on Astoria Blvd -- probably never going in, but I appreciate its gnarly splendor

I'm curious why Pizza Sam is so bad at making pizza. They have been in business for 60 years; maybe they are an inverse Difara's?

What is up with Galicia Bar?

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:21 PM »