Author Topic: Helping feed the needy  (Read 444 times)

Offline voltar0

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 2003
Helping feed the needy
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:41:00 PM »
In 2004, Jorge Munoz, drove by some men standing under the train tracks. He rolled down his window to ask what they're doing. They replied: "We're day laborers. If we don't work, we don't eat!" The next day he brought food for the 8 men. Soon this grew to 24 people, days later, several dozen.

Nearly 15 years later, with health issues and currently unemployed himself, he feeds over 100 people every night--hot home cooked meals--primarily from his own money and small donations. At 9:30pm daily, on the corner of Roosevelt Avenue, Jorge provides theses men and women with a hot meal, often their only meal of the day.

He has recently had major health issues, lost his mother and is on the verge of losing his house.

Please help spread the word about this community hero!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/An-Angel-In-Queen-Meals-for-the-Hungry

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Helping feed the needy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »
i love this man. i've donated, in person, when i've seen him out helping. he *is* an angel.

Offline voltar0

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 2003
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »
He is amazing!

Please help spread the word. He is in a desperate situation on the verge of losing his own house and still out there helping feed people every day!

We've set up a GoFundMe page...all of that money still goes to help feed the people, not to Jorge
https://www.gofundme.com/f/An-Angel-In-Queen-Meals-for-the-Hungry

Offline Di_11372

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 10:51:11 PM »

Thank you so much for the reminder ! I donated.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 10:51:11 PM »