Author Topic: Amazon Prime Boxes left in lobbies/wrong addresses  (Read 7917 times)

Offline earbears

• Mayor
Re: Amazon Prime Boxes left in lobbies/wrong addresses
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »
We just filed a complaint with Amazon - and through them with the Post Office - about the boxes left in the lobby. The delivery notice on the order said it was left at my door or porch. It was left 8 floors down in the lobby. It was large and heavy and we could not bring it up.

Please complain to Amazon about your packages also. More complaints might bring results

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 12:44:11 PM »
We just filed a complaint with Amazon - and through them with the Post Office - about the boxes left in the lobby. The delivery notice on the order said it was left at my door or porch. It was left 8 floors down in the lobby. It was large and heavy and we could not bring it up.

Please complain to Amazon about your packages also. More complaints might bring results

I did complain to Amazon about this latest imaginary delivery attempt. To their credit, they did respond appropriately, which was to request "re-delivery" (even though it wasn't really "re" delivery) and I did get my package the next morning without having to do anything special. It was left at my door and not the lobby.

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 01:35:39 PM »
I just had the most positive delivery experience in quite a while after dealing with the usual “sorry we missed you” notes, or having to rummage through multiple packages being left in my building’s lobby. My coffee machine carafe broke yesterday. I ordered a new one via Amazon Prime late last night. The new one arrived two hours ago. The delivery guy rang my buzzer and even brought the package right to my door! All that, and he wished me a happy day, too. The coffee gods are on my side.  ;D

Offline buzz

• Activist
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2019, 10:44:42 AM »
Well it must be AOC's fault!!!

Offline missmarty

• Council Member
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2019, 07:03:55 AM »
The Prime vehicle seems new to me here in the neighborhood. Like, the last couple of months. And- what a scourge!!
Those that receive deliveries might want to help out with solutions for the extra congestion they cause.
Someone mentioned a 7/11 as a drop/pickup spot. Isn't there a better way to get service without further jamming up the streets?
For whatever reason shopping locally is out the question, what else can be done?
It would be cool if ours was the first neighborhood for cargo bike delivery.

Offline JHResident

• Citizen
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2019, 09:07:05 AM »
I'd complain to the moderator about posting in an old essentially unrelated thread, but this was posted by the moderator, lol.
Amazon has its own delivery trucks now, but there are so many dropoff points in the neighborhood that it makes sense to get your package delivered to a 7-11 or a RiteAid to keep porch pirates away from your stuff.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
What? Is this supposed to be a joke or would you really complain about this? There's nothing wrong with resurrecting old threads.

Offline r

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019, 12:09:09 AM »
Just wanted to mention that if anyone has a problem with Amazon, you should ring them up. The customer support agents are much kinder than the website (e.g. they often won't ask you to mail back broken or incorrect items, just keep them or throw them out instead, and they will issue refunds or credits instantly, or mail out replacement items with 1-day shipping if a delivery has gone missing, etc).

Offline JHResident

• Citizen
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2019, 02:35:01 PM »
Is this supposed to be a joke
Google 'lol' if you really need to ask.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2019, 02:35:01 PM »